**** DONE: GB-59 1/48 P-39Q Airacobra - WW2 PTO V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Gloss coat on. Need to do some honing on the prop shaft to get it to fit right, but that is a small detail. What I need is some feed back on the level/amount of decals that should be applied. I guess all is proper, but that will sure make for a 'busy' looking model!

The gloss coat:
P-39 Gloss Coat.jpg

The suggested 'standard' decals:

(I have looked at some builds online, and it 'appears that many of the small instructional ones are not applied, just the major ones like the fuel labels and of course the keep out area reds. What is the 'norm' when given this level of decal detail?) And dam, they are tiny!

stencils.JPG
small decals 1.jpg

small decals 2.jpg

I have been working with and staring at this build for what, weeks now? Down to applying the decals and I find this? I should start submitting, not under Group Builds, but 'See if You can find Waldo' themes, but with Waldo being substituted for Ralph's screw-up(s). For me this is not only upsetting but disturbing! Am I starting to get like.... OK no politics here, but you get my drift.

P-39 Leading edge.jpg

Now the choice is what to do? Try and patch in the missing white edges, the only decal that would be affected is the crappy red/green'yellow marker light one. Or, not take a chance on totally screwing something else up and let it be what it is? The gloss clear coat is on and I'm not sure how yet another coat of white on top of that will work. That or try and selectively strip back the existing paints and fix with white....DANGER I see!

Mmmm....interesting dilemma....me I would fix it...if you are real careful with your masking and cover other areas carefully with tissue or post it notes and spray carefully you can do it....

Mmmm....interesting dilemma....me I would fix it...if you are real careful with your masking and cover other areas carefully with tissue or post it notes and spray carefully you can do it....
I did the overpaint. Other than a minimal color differance and one piece of mis-placed tape taking off some of the film layer of a decal it went ok. I want to apply the panel line weathering and a final coat of semi befote photos. The weathering, and hopefully the final coat, will cover most of the differences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back