**** DONE: 1/48 Bristol Beaufighter Mk.If - Night War of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

le_steph40

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 18, 2011
Montech
www.facebook.com
Username: le_steph40
Name: Stephane (Steph)
Category: intermediate
Scale: 1/48 scale
Kit: Tamiya 61053 Bristol Beaufighter Mk.VI
Accessories: CMK4118 (tail) + Cutting Edge CEC48096 (Cockpit) + Cutting Edge CED48058 (decals) + Quickboost QB48043 (porcupine exhausts but probably not used on my project).

61053.jpg

Last edited:
Good one Steph.
Note that the tail-planes are horizontal, whereas the kit parts have dihedral. This is easily remedied by swapping the kit parts, starboard onto port, and vice versa, and possibly a little filler.

Hello,
Before to start building and painting cockpit, I tried to define the panel lines on upper wings to modify it during assembly. Sources are Modellers Datafile 6, Squadron Signal and Quarter Scale Modeller. I have to define the same for the under wings....
In red: to delete, in blue: to add
DSCN2218 (Copier).JPG

Those marked with a red 'X' were duplicated, by Tamiya, from the pattern aircraft they used to design their kit (I think it was a Portugese aircraft). The airframe had been used for BDR training, and the 'panels' were Battle Damage Repair patches !!
From memory, I think that the elevator trim tabs have their actuators on the wrong surface too.

Nice start Steph.
Just one minor point - the 20mm ammunition tanks included on the kit floor were as fitted to the later MkVI. The MkI used 60 round drum magazines, loaded through apertures in the floor, with spares stored on racks in the fuselage. It was the Observer/radar operator's job to change magazines, a very difficult task, in the dark, under 'g' loading, with the heavy mags.
However, even with the armour doors open, and the rear, upper hatch open, it's very difficult to see down the fuselage to view the tanks or drums, so they could be left as is.

Nice start Steph.
Just one minor point - the 20mm ammunition tanks included on the kit floor were as fitted to the later MkVI. The MkI used 60 round drum magazines, loaded through apertures in the floor, with spares stored on racks in the fuselage. It was the Observer/radar operator's job to change magazines, a very difficult task, in the dark, under 'g' loading, with the heavy mags.
However, even with the armour doors open, and the rear, upper hatch open, it's very difficult to see down the fuselage to view the tanks or drums, so they could be left as is.

I'm a mine of useless information Vic !!

As in your own words Terry "a mine of useless information".

Nicely done though Steph.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back