**** DONE: 1/48 SPITFIRE MK.Vb - Night War of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks gents, the clear coat is on, decals shortly.

002.JPG

I know it's odd clear coating the whole thing but whenever I've done it to just the areas to be receive decals, the color difference is very noticeable, yet I've seen others who have had no problem at all.

Geo

Thanks guys. One side done, the upstroke on the "J" is a bit short but it's all I have. Even though the sheet says the codes are MSG but it doesn't match my paint. When all is dried and sealed, I may look at mixing some grey to match and extend it a wee bit.

007.JPG

Geo

:thumbright:

The paint of the code letters may seem to be of the inappropriate MSG tinge. Just it's the matter of the background colour which is the black. It would be of the MSG tone if the backround was of the white methinks.

Last edited:
Looks good Geo and you plan to extend the J sounds, well, like a plan. I agree with Wojtek on the cause of the different colour but I don't see it as a noticeable issue.

Thanks men, went with Plan B; how many early squadron codes had a "1" in them?....snip...snip...

1.JPG
001.JPG

...I might add a wee bit more but this looks closer. Press fit the prop.

002.JPG

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back