**** DONE: 1/48 SPITFIRE MK.Vb - Night War of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks all. Decals are sealed. Off to P.G.,that mecca of bad drivers and psychotic Xmas shoppers in a few minutes and when I get back I can put on the flat coat and do a bit more weathering depending how long I have to stand in line to get a new iPhone. This has to be done today as the guy I was dealing with on the phone screwed up royally and I got two iPhone 6 for the princely sum of 0$ plus several other deep discounts.

Geo

Fiddly bits done but some touch-ups required.

028.JPG

Geo

Going with that Andy. She's on her feet. Probably a hour or so left until done.

004.JPG

Sometime during the swapping of parts from another kit during the start of the build, I misplaced the clear sprue from this kit. The canopy and windscreen came from the other kit as they were needed. The rear clear part did as well, but when it comes time to build the other kit, I'm going to be short the rear part so I'm just going to tack this one on and then crash form a spare when I do the other kit. Of course, the missing sprue will show up after all is said and done.

Geo

Nicely done Geo, and yes, the mirror is the rectangular type.
It's not that clear in the 'front on' photo shown in the 'Mushroom' book on the MkV, but it might be faired into the canopy frame, although the 'standard' type was just as fitted to your model.

Thanks gentlemen. Always on the lookout for oddball schemes John. My decal stash is loaded with such. For all intents and purposes, this is done. Just got to go over it and look for anything that would should up in the finals.

007.JPG

I'll post the finals in the wee hours of the A.M. or later tomorrow.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back