GB 28 Discussion

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello,
My project for GB#27 is almost done and I'm ready for GB#28, but I hesitate between these "night" projects:

- A Beaufighter NF Mk.IF flown by John Cunningham from 604 Sqn during the first half of 1941
- A Mosquito NF Mk.XIX flown by Branse Burbridge from 85 Sqn during Summer 1944 but not sure about camo scheme ID invasion stripes
- A Bf 110G-4 flown by Helmut Lent Kommodore NJG3 during August-September 1943
- A Ju 88R-2 flown by Helmut Lent, Kommodore NJG3 during from May to October 1944
- A Bf 110G-4 flown by Heinz-Wolfgang Schnaufer, Gruppenkommandeur IV./NJG1 during April 1944

all these projects are new for me because it will be my first big/heavy fighter...

Earlier in this discussion, I spied a DML Ju-88G-6 for a decent price and sniped it. More of an opportunistic purchase than anything else. Not planning to enter it into this GB and I'm still leaning on doing a Ki-45 after the Hellcat.

I got my next project lined up... say hello to intricate mottling, Japanese-style.
19195-1-800x800.jpg

Does anyone know anything about the Toryu version designations? The kit I ordered is called the Ki-45 Kai Tei. It features the oblique Shrage-Muzik-style cannon on the top of the fuselage and the nose cannon. This matches the Ki-45 Kai D description in Wikipedia...

Mark D, a modified Model B, night fighter version, equipped with one 37 mm (1.46 in) Ho-203 cannon in nose and two fixed 20 mm Ho-5 cannons in a Schräge Musik-style dorsal frontal position, and one 7.92 mm (.312 in) Type 98 machine gun in back position.

But other sources say the Ki-45 Kai C is the night fighter and say that the nose gun was deleted to make room for a radar unit that never made it production and instead provided a single cannon in the lower fuselage.

I like the subject John but I know about as much of Japanese aircraft as my butt knows about snipe shooting. Until Geo gets back, Shinpachi is your man but I haven't seen him for a while.

Miles and days away from my books John. If no one pops in with an answer before Tuesday, I'll start looking for you. Any other information you are interested in?

Geo

Thanks Geo! I am planning to do a 53rd Sentai aircraft. I can use the kit decals for the tail emblem and search my spares box for the tail numerals... that'd give me some mottling options. Any photos/profiles of 53rd Sentai aircraft would be great!

My brother just built it as his first model, and it looked like an amazing kit, with a good amount of detail for the scale and there weren't any apparent fit issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back