Russian Aircraft Markings and Camouflage (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm building an I-16 Type 17, 4th IAP, early 1942. Can anyone help with what blue to use on the underside? I can find the correct code and color references but I was wondering what paint I should use. Is there something right out of a jar that I can use or does someone have a mix that they can share? Thanks.

You havn't posted any pics or profiles of the particular aircraft.So it is quite difficult to say what tonality it was.According to the NKAP no.547ss order from 20th June 1941 undersides of planes were painted with AMT-7 Blue-Grey or AII Light Blue. For matal covered surfaces the A-28m oil enamel might have been used.But there was shortage of the enamel at that time.So surfaces painted with the paint were rquite rare.
For the AII ( FS25466 ) colour you can use Humbrol 65, Gunze H67, Testors 2126, Tamiya XF23.
For the AMT-7 ( FS25550 ) or A-28m ( FS35250 ) paints you can use Humbrol 115, Pactra A109.

Unfortunately the Humbrol 115 hasn't been offered yet. But I can recommend another firm named White Ensign that offeres a very nice set of the Russian colours of authentic tonalities. Please check here...

White Ensign Models home page for ship kits and upgrades

You havn't posted any pics or profiles of the particular aircraft.So it is quite difficult to say what tonality it was.According to the NKAP no.547ss order from 20th June 1941 undersides of planes were painted with AMT-7 Blue-Grey or AII Light Blue. For matal covered surfaces the A-28m oil enamel might have been used.But there was shortage of the enamel at that time.So surfaces painted with the paint were rquite rare.
For the AII ( FS25466 ) colour you can use Humbrol 65, Gunze H67, Testors 2126, Tamiya XF23.
For the AMT-7 ( FS25550 ) or A-28m ( FS35250 ) paints you can use Humbrol 115, Pactra A109.

Unfortunately the Humbrol 115 hasn't been offered yet. But I can recommend another firm named White Ensign that offeres a very nice set of the Russian colours of authentic tonalities. Please check here...

White Ensign Models home page for ship kits and upgrades

Thanks for the reply. I'll need the AII Light Blue. I did find that White Ensign site after some more searching and that's the route I'm going to go. 8)

:) Good luck with the project.Please, post a few pictures both of the progress and the final effect.

I'm not sure if this is where I ask this, but hey,'m looking for a relationship in camouflage and aircraft that shaped the 10th and 12th Air force Russian in Manchuria during the months mainly August 45 at the end of WW2, I am particularly interested to know if they were endowed with PE2, TU2, IL2-M3 or other bomber as their IDs, camouflages, as well as the fighters they used.

is that it is very extensive consultation but I could not find information on the network and not to read any book that has the information necessary

24.jpg

18.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back