eBay: Junkers Ju87 (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Snautzer01

Honourably banned
Mar 26, 2007
Wouldn't you be as you would by oiled up.:D

Ju87_01.JPG

Last edited:
Here's a toothy grin! :lol:

Ju87B_500.jpg

I just noticed something about the first image; its cowl flaps are not separated leaves, but one big semi-circular piece.

The B's and C's didn't have adjustable cowl flaps from what I've seen, they had shutters ahead of the cooler. Here's a B (note the Jerico trumpet and MG ports faired over) and you can see the oil cooler's cowl lacks the flaps. The first photo in this post is also a B...you can see the shutters closed in front of the oil cooler. I believe that they eliminated the shutters and replaced them with the flaps on the D series.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-378-0037-16A_Reichsgebiet_Wartung_Ju_87.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Dave, I did a little looking into this and the early B-1s had the shutters and fixed cowl flaps, but things got a little confusing because mid production B-1s disposed of the fixed cowl flaps and went for separate leaves, whereas the very first production B-2s had the fixed cowl, but predominantly had the separate leaves, along with the R and C as you pointed out. The B-2s had a deeper radiator than the B-1s and ejector exhausts, whereas the first lot of B-1s just had ports, like the second image you posted; the top image is an early production B-2.

Here's an R, showing the separate leaves and ejector exhausts fitted to late model B-2s;

Junkers Ju 87 R 2 III/St.G 2 Greece 1941 « World War Photos

A B-2 with ejector exhausts and fixed cowl flap like the image at the top of the page;

Dive bomber Junkers Ju87 Stuka « World War Photos

A B-1 with cowl flaps and stub exhausts;

http://www.airpages.ru/lw/ju87b1_4.jpg

A B-2 with ejector exhausts and split cowl flaps;

http://www.airwar.ru/image/idop/bww2/ju87b/ju87b-6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back