Flying Aircraft of WWII (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think the Shuttleworth Hurricane the one at Duxford are the same machine. Shuttleworth own it, but its kept mostly at Duxford.

i believe that if Shuttleworth ever want to sell it, then they must give duxford 1st refusal.

Do you know if the Lanc at duxford is being restored to flying condition, or is it for static display?
:cyclops:

Pity! I'd love to see two or three lancs in the sky at once!!

The surviving Halifax in the RAF museum hendon has been left as it was after being brought up from the bottom of the Norwegian lake cos it would take far too much new metal, time cost to restore.

well i'm afraid that unless there's one found fully intact and in full working order in the bottom of a lake, the dream of seeing three lancs flying together will never happen, the only chance of seeing two together is this year with the VE day celebrations and even that's not confirmed.........

They have a static display Beaufort at the RAF museum hendon. It was made from several airframes salvaged from the far east.

The only places you'll find aircraft these days are in the Jungle, Possibly the desert Russian steppes - the last one is where a lot of German Aircraft are coming from. Any other aircraft will come from various Lakes or the sea. and to get them up will take one hell of a fishing rod.

mosquitoman said:
It's being repaired at Duxford at the moment, it should be flying in the next couple of years

The first blenheim they restored was written off in a crash after it lost power from one engine doing a "touch go" manouevre.

Now this one has had a prang too!

Its the same story of the BF109G with the DB engine - that was written off of flying in a crash landing. it has now been restored to static condition sent to Hendon.

Attachments

• bf_109_black_6_from_duxford_at_raf__hendon_1_131.jpg
    bf_109_black_6_from_duxford_at_raf__hendon_1_131.jpg
    409.8 KB · Views: 399

Users who are viewing this thread

Back