IDENTIFICATION PROPELLER ALUMINIUM (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Turilli, any numbers or markings that you may find on this will help the guys on here to identify it. Please be patient, it's Christmas and everyone is with family and enjoying the holidays. :thumbright: :cool: That is a very cool find and they will be very interested in it.

Oki, thanks, i didn't see markings but a number serie photo will arrive, it's 56,3" (143cm) long and 22 kg.

Don't mean to clash, but I think it's from a Messerschmitt Bf 109G myself.

First thought lookswise was 'it's from a Bf 109G, possibly G-10'. The 2087 no. was familiar too, so followed a hunch to see if 2087 could be an abbreviation of VDM 9-12087 -yep, bears out: Aluminium propeller, used on Me 109s.
Further checks on info show this prop was fitted to the Bf 109G-1,-2, -6 and early G-14 versions.

Don't mean to clash, but I think it's from a Messerschmitt Bf 109G myself.

First thought lookswise was 'it's from a Bf 109G, possibly G-10'. The 2087 no. was familiar too, so followed a hunch to see if 2087 could be an abbreviation of VDM 9-12087 -yep, bears out: Aluminium propeller, used on Me 109s.
Further checks on info show this prop was fitted to the Bf 109G-1,-2, -6 and early G-14 versions.

I think you nailed it. Could not confirm anything on the number at the bottom of the shank

Certainly has the look of a later Bf109 blade, and I wonder, if that is a bullet hole, is it maybe from one of it's own guns?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back