1/48 RCAF CL-13 - OOB (Out of Box) unofficial GB-2015. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice detail shot Andy. I notice that there isn't a 'dome' for the radio altimeter (often mistaken for a beacon), as fitted to the USAF F-86s. I presume this would be the same on RAF Sabres ?
George, if you can't find any Milliput, let me know, and I'll send you a pack, which should last a few years. It would probably arrive too late for this model, but you'd have it for future projects - one of the best, most versatile modelling products I've ever used.

Thank you for the offers gents and Andy is probably right. There is a shop in P.G., Great White Toys that caters to the Warhammer guys and I think that may be my best bet. If not, I'll hit you up Andy.

Geo

EDIT: just had a quick shufti on ebay and seen a grey/yellow, 113g pack for 10.55$, shipping included. Is this a decent price? It's coming from the U.K. and I kinda trust those guys.

Last edited:
Finally...I purchased this bottle probably 20 years ago. Just waiting for the drop tanks to set up.

002.JPG

Geo

Added the rear decking and some silver and grey...

005.JPG

...drilled out some vents...

003.JPG
004.JPG

...the nose piece is slightly over-size so I did a bit of filing and brought out the mud...

006.JPG
007.JPG

That's not a trench between the pieces. For whatever reason with this silverish plastic, when you take a sanding stick to it, the surface turns darker and makes the joins look worse than they are.

Geo

Good work so far Geo.
That price for the 'Milliput' sounds reasonable, seeing that shipping is included. The last pack I bought, about 18 months ago, was £2.50 at my LHS - about $5.00 Cdn.

Lordy. I did a web search for my local store and they have the super fine white for - get this - TWENTY BUCKS! No picture, just a description but I thought the stuff comes in just one sized package.

I'd say go for it Geo. That stuff will last you a lifetime so is a small price to pay.

Thanks Vic. Looking like a Sabre now. One last seam on the nose to deal with and then I'll wait for the Milliput to arrive. In the meantime, painting the under carriage parts.

a.jpg

Geo

Nicely done Geo, and I've just noticed the kit has recessed panel lines, so presumably a 'new tool' compared to the old Monogram version I built years ago.
Oh, and yes - I forgot to mention that all the other versions of 'Milliput' are more expensive than the 'Standard' version, but $20 seems a very high price !
You'll certainly like the 'Milliput' though Geo, and it makes seam jobs like the one you've just dome a doddle.

Thanks gents. My first foray into Milliput and you're right Terry, a little goes a very long ways. Even though I thought I hadn't started with very much, I wasted more than I used

001.JPG

Is there a proper way to store this stuff? I put them back in their original wrappers, then I put both in a baggie and then put everything back in the box. I have no idea where I got that little tool from or what its original purpose is but it sure helps in tight corners as long as its wet.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back