Hammered but Home Screenshots! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GrauGeist

Generalfeldmarschall zur Luftschiff Abteilung
We've all had those missions where things just aren't working out as well as we'd hoped...

Maybe someone slipped in on your 6 and roughed you up, maybe the flak was a little too accurate or even a little "friendly fire" can happen once in a while.

No matter how you got the holes, you were able to get it back to base, or at least got it on the ground and walked away!

How about digging out those screenshots and post them here, I'm sure everyone has a handfull to show off!

I already posted a few in the main IL-2 FB screenshot collection, so I'll start out with a tame shot of my Bf109G-2 after landing with only one main gear locked...never did figure out why the other gear didn't drop...

Attachments

• Bf109G2_roughedup.jpg
    Bf109G2_roughedup.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 430
Here's a couple that were sent to me by a friend...

First one's grabbed over the happy skies of Stalingrad, and I've been through the meat grinder. I had to fight my way out of the area, and made it back to base in one peice (relatively speaking)...and yes, that's a WWI skin I have on it. (Ltn. Paul Bohning - Jasta 79b)

The other is my Bf109Z, heading home after a good brawl :thumbright:

Attachments

• stalingrad_fun.jpg
    stalingrad_fun.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 428
  • holz.jpg
    holz.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 421
Hey Les, if your going to fly these planes, it's best to leave the wings and tail ON!!!! :lol: Someday I'll get into this game........... Looks like a lot of fun.

Thorlifter, get the sim, really...you won't be disappointed!

Those are some BTS crates, Les...but I hear ya' on bringing them in...I've pulled off some crazy saves as well, and we should include any and all saves...since the thread is "hammered", I think it fits! :lol:

Here's some more screens, though the Bf109Z's condition is "like new" compared to the ones Les posted above!

The Me262 on the other hand, was a totally different story. After having my a** pulled through a keyhole backwards, I managed to get out of the brawl, keeping it relatively under control enough to bail out...(that's my base in the distance)

Attachments

• Heisse-Z_hammered2.jpg
    Heisse-Z_hammered2.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 372
  • survivor.jpg
    survivor.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 369
this one is not all that bad but trying to land that sumb***ch was a circus in it's own right.

Attachments

• RB_xlnt-landing2.jpg
    RB_xlnt-landing2.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 369
Here's the point of impact during a hard landing on the plains near Smolensk due to having my controls thrashed by an aggressive IL-2...my tail-gunner (I won't drop any names here) was having difficulties getting a bead on 'em...we both survived, but I hear that my tail-gunner (again, no names) was captured by the local women who then had thier way with him :shock:

This *may* be a vicious rumor...but it's a good one... :lol:

Attachments

• GGLD_hardlanding1a.jpg
    GGLD_hardlanding1a.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 339
lol...man, you know how that saying goes:
"Any landing you can walk away from, is a good landing..."

How about these two...

The J8A was really hammered, but I walked away from that mess...err...climbed down, at least...

The '190 I ran out of fuel and had to set down (the engine was smoked anyway). With no rudder/elevator controls, it was a dicey few moments.

Attachments

• J8A_issues2a.jpg
    J8A_issues2a.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 229
  • Fw190_nosedin.jpg
    Fw190_nosedin.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 243

Users who are viewing this thread

Back