Hammered but Home Screenshots! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Dead Stick Under Fire

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T7IEakBsrY
Quick QMB mission on the Hawaii map. Il-2 Sturmovik 1946 v4.13.
Didn't take the time to change skins on my plane since I wasn't expecting anything unique to happen. I was in trouble from the start and ended up landing out of fuel while under attack. Have to give the AAA crews a night on the town for saving my bacon. :mrgreen:

Wheels

Plane wasn't too bad but my HOME sure got Hammered. :shock:

Attachments

• Wake_grab3258.jpg
    Wake_grab3258.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 96
  • Wake_grab3260.jpg
    Wake_grab3260.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 92
  • Wake_grab3262.jpg
    Wake_grab3262.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 81
Here's some more screens, though the Bf109Z's condition is "like new"
I didn't know they made a twin-fuselage Me-109...

Not totally on topic, but this seems like a good place for this:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z1CRAHgGUs
The tune honestly sounds like the tune that Les Primus's avatar would be playing (Hitler playing the banjo and head-banging -- which I think is a hilarious avatar)

I didn't know they made a twin-fuselage Me-109...
There were several attempts during the war to create a "twin" fuselage fighter, only the P-82 (became F-82 after the war) proved to be a success.
The Bf109Z was built from the Bf109F and the only completed airframe was destroyed in an air raid before it could go through trials. They were also plans to build a "Zwilling" from two Me309s, and was designated Me609 but with the introduction of the Me262, it was decided to abandon the project.

For a brief while, Dornier was considering a twin Do335, designated Do635, for a high-speed recon role but it remained on paper only.

Another "twin" was the Italians' Savoia-Marchetti SM.92 - only one built but it too, was eventually destroyed by Allied bombing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back