Recent Purchases (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Been a couple of Revell Ju-88A4 on e bay uk George.
Or, if you get the new ICM A5 kit, I can let you have the engine nacelles and rear canopy from my Dragon kit, which I'm converting to a A1.
The A5 had the later, longer wing of the A4, but the earlier engines, so a simple swap, probably with a bit of minor surgery and filler, would do the job.

Not a cheap kit; 60-100$CAN at the moment. This is the look I'm after...

RD48016A.jpg

Geo

Yikes.....a tad big!!

Oddball to the extreme Karl. I finally found my compressor, some work needs to be done on the spray booth to make it functional(more on this later). And then it's practice, practice, practice. I see this project quite a while down the rode before I can make the squiggle pattern.

Geo

Nice kit !
Geo, that profile looks more like an A5 - the nacelles don't have the duct on the bottom that the A4 has. The rear canopy is the later, A4 style, which is included in the ICM kit.
Alternatively, the Hobbycraft kit (yes, I know!!) can be picked up fairly cheaply (also under the Kitech ? name), and isn't bad - a bit basic by today's standards, but builds OK. Here's a pic of mine (very dusty, and not finished !), converted to an A5, with home-made rear (early) canopy. The kit has the later, bulged, rear canopy, ans I have a spare from the Dragon kit if you need it.

Attachments

• JU88 002.jpg
    JU88 002.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 47
Just realised - that Customs charge might be to go towards the cost of one of the four bombs the RAF will be using over Syria. Probably can't afford any more of them, due to Cameron's earlier Defence cuts !!

Just realised - that Customs charge might be to go towards the cost of one of the four bombs the RAF will be using over Syria. Probably can't afford any more of them, due to Cameron's earlier Defence cuts !!

For the amount they are bending you over for. They could at least let you sign the bomb and choose the target.

But then they'd have to bring the bomb back to the UK, and the Tornado, as the target would be a rather large building on the banks of the River Thames, in London ................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back