What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice collection of tools and bits there lee, and a good choice for a first build. Good luck, and don't be frightened to ask if you get stuck, however small or daft the questionnmight be.
Evan, you have my sincerest admiration, 1/72nd scale is bad enough, but THREE wings? I'd be b*ll*xed!!

I'll have to be careful with the alignment, that's for sure Terry... the painting strategy will need careful thinking too!

As for admiration, wait till Lucas (Lucke.stz) tries one in 1/144 scale!!!! :) :)

If this works out, you should get a couple of pics of the Dr.I as she is at the moment. Not happy with a few areas, but she's still a work in progress at this stage...

If someone can fix the size of the pics btw, I'd appreciate it! :D

Attachments

• STA50503.JPG
    STA50503.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 55
  • STA50492.JPG
    STA50492.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 55
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mate! Paintwork looks pretty shoddy close up like that, should be nicer when she's finished hopefully.

Thanks too for the link, I'll check it out after work.

Yup, the download is right on that page on the right side. Its a great program and ive yet to explore its full potential. :)

Thanks Wayne!

Cockpit floor isn't finished at all yet, nor engine or seat. Cockpit walls are shaded in artist pastels, for a flat shadow effect - not so great when seen like this, but has to be this dark for it to look 'right' with the fues closed up.

Anyone know the colour of the cylinder thing (fuel pump?) on the starboard fues?

Beautiful work Evan. Who's markings are you doing? Don't know if it'll help, but I've got the 1962 Harleyford book on von Richtofen, which has some reasonable pics of his Dr1s, and Voss's, and I think others.

Thanks Alex and Terry! :D

She's going to be Revell's version of Richthofen's 425/17, which is inaccurate as far as I've been able to ascertain so far. Ivett likes it more than the authentic scheme though, and it's for her, so what the hey..
If you could help out with schemes or info though I wouldn't say no, as I plan to do my own accurate replica some time...thanks! :D

Update: Cockpit floor done, sidewall details being worked on...pics later.

Thanks Alex and Terry! :D

She's going to be Revell's version of Richthofen's 425/17, which is inaccurate as far as I've been able to ascertain so far. Ivett likes it more than the authentic scheme though, and it's for her, so what the hey..
If you could help out with schemes or info though I wouldn't say no, as I plan to do my own accurate replica some time...thanks! :D

Update: Cockpit floor done, sidewall details being worked on...pics later.

This might help Evan!

Air Power Editions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back