How many unfinished Kits do you have?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

T Bolt

Colonel
Mar 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Come on guys, we all have some laying around. Post them here.

I started thinking about this the other day and looked at the ones on my "In Progress" shelf and found that I had:

1) P-40 Twin - Last worked on a week ago. Stopped to finish the current GB
2) Short Stirling - Not worked on since last month. Same reason
3) Robert L Scotts P-40K - 8 months. Don't really know why I didn't get back to this one.
4) F-102 - 8 Months. Lost the canopy
5) Fw-190D - 8 months. Got too busy with group builds and never got back to it.
6) B-17C - 4 Years. The masking for the second shade of silver began to get to me so I took a break and never returned.
7) Boeing 307 - 4 years. Lots of problems with this one but the reason I stopped was that as there were no longer panel lines on the wings, so I was going to pull the masking off the B-17C after it was painted and put it on the 307's wings.

Then Terry mentioned that he just picked up a Bristol Bulldog and I remembered one that I hadn't finished and I dug these out, all collecting dist for at least 6 to 8 years.

8 ) Bristol Bulldog - Ripped off some decals removing masking. Eventually bought another kit for the decals but never got back to it
9) Supermarine S6B - Managed to mix up the pontoon parts so all the attachment slots are on one and none on the other. I bought another one of these kits too, but never got back to it.
10 11) Fokker DVII and Nieuport 17 - I was going through a biplane faze back then and it ran it's course before these were completed.

Well hopefully now I've shamed myself into working on some of these old projects now that winter is approaching, but I'm not promising anything.

PA080489.JPG
PA080490.JPG
PA080491.JPG
PA080493.JPG
PA080494.JPG
PA080495.JPG
PA080496.JPG
PA080497.JPG
PA080498.JPG
PA080499.JPG
PA080501.JPG

Last edited:
Ive got bits that ive started, didnt like, pulled the same part out of another kit and used that replacement instead. So far, boxes that that ive got half built components in include

CMR Sea Fury
Airfix Fairey Firefly
2 x Westland Wessex
a 1/850 scale USS constellation
1 x Viking Dragon Boat (wooden)
Revell Fairey Gannet
Airfix Sea King

So, ive got a few....

Ah man............... I poked fun at people like me when I first got back into this!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now I am just another model builder.

1/72nd Davidson B-24
1/48th Unofficial GB Brewster
1/48th Davidson Hurricane
GB19 1/72 Havoc, this should not count unless I don't finish in time!
!/72nd Super Connie for HARS is also a no counter!
Repairs for HARS
7 foot wing span 707!

Not as many as I thought! I'm doin alright.
***I am working off the end of the dining table so I have to keep it to sort of a minimum!

Last edited:
Great idea Glenn. All mine are 1/48....

A-6E Tram - White
S-A/B Viking - White
C-105 Arrow - Really white
CT-155 Hawk - Managed to bugger up the NFTC marking on the tail.
Seafire Mk.XV - Buggered up the RCN serial(Now have replacement)
RCAF P-51 Mustang - Cobbled together decals to make the codes. Now have the proper codes and will replaced.
Spitfire Mk. VIII - Now have the decals to finish as James "Stocky" Edwards aircraft.
P-40F - Looking for decals to finish as James "Stocky" Edwards aircraft.
P̶-̶4̶0̶N̶ ̶-̶ ̶D̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶i̶n̶t̶ ̶s̶c̶h̶e̶m̶e̶.̶ ̶F̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶R̶C̶A̶F̶ ̶s̶c̶h̶e̶m̶e̶.̶
Spitfire Mk.V - Need white code letter decals to finish as George Beurlings aircraft.
Me109E - Now have decals to finish as "captured" British aircraft.
Fw190D - Probably strip the paint off, redo, and decal as a "captured" aircraft.
P-26 Peashooter - tiny exhausts went hither and yon.
L-4 Grasshopper - engine mounting problems.
P-400 Airacobra - Now have decals to finish as 601sqn aircraft.
P-47N - Built but needs paint and now have decals for "The Shell Pusher", my call sign on CFS3.
Sack AS-6 - Problems mounting the innards.
E.E. Lightning F.6 - Something to do with the front end.
CA-13 Boomerang - Vac-form clear parts, I think.
Il-2 Sturmovik - Trying to create a worn winter camouflage, lost interest.
SDB-3 - Problems fitting the gunners station.
Ju87G - Lost the antenna mast.
Me109F - Can't remember why I stopped this one but now have decals for a "captured" aircraft.

Yikes!!!

Geo

Last edited:
One......a PCM Fw 190 A-1/2/3 combo kit. Mine will eventually be an A-2.

Do I get a prize?

Cheers

Steve

Lost count, as i include those virtually finished, but just needing a small antenna or similar to be added. In the 'started but need a lot to finish' category, I have:
SE5a 1/48th scale
F-4 Phantom FGR2 1/48th scale
Wessex HAR 3 1/48th scale
Typhoon (re-build) 1/32nd scale
Hunter F6 1/32nd scale
Mosquito FBVI 1/32nd scale
Tornado F3 1/32nd scale
Spitfire MkXIV (re-build) + V1 1/48th scale
And I'm sure there are others!

Unfinished vs unstarted makes a big difference. Those that I've started (and not forgotten about) are:

1/48 Hasegawa Bf109G-6
1/48 Testors/Italeri kitbashed CF-5 Freedom Fighter (still pretty bashed)
1/24 Airfix Bf109E
1/48 Tamiya P-47M (my stalled Nose Art GB entry which I plan to get back to soon)

plus a few armour kits I've given up on.

Well lets see....

1/48 Mossie Revell 60%
1/48 MC205 80%
1/350 Prinz Eugen 5%
1/700 Missouri
1/48 P51
1/48 Albatross

I have three on the desk under construction with some paint 1/72 Stuka 40%,1/72 Poetez-603 60% and the B-25 95% should all be done in a couple of weeks.On another forum and it was kinda hap hazard they had complete your model build so alot of different entries.

I can't even remember all of them.
There are two ships that I have been working on, one since 1993, and one since 2001.
A German Jagdpanzer that is 3 years on.
The aircraft....too many to count.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back