George Carlin dead at 71 :( (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

evangilder

"Shooter"
Sep 17, 2004
Moorpark, CA
www.vg-photo.com
George Carlin loved words—the good, the "bad," the "filthy."

The iconic standup comic, whose routine about the seven words "you can't say on television" was heard from college campuses to the Supreme Court, died today of heart failure at a Santa Monica, Calif., hospital, his publicist announced. He was 71.

Carlin, who suffered his first heart attack at age 41, was admitted to St. John's Hospital earlier today after complaining of heart trouble, the statement said. He died at 5:55 p.m.

Much more than a "footnote in legal history," as Carlin often referred to himself for his role in the seven "filthy" words case, the comic was the first-ever host of Saturday Night Live, a four-time Grammy winner, and a touchstone for generations of writers and performers.

Carlin was due to receive the 11th Mark Twain Prize for American Humor in November. The honor was announced just last week, around the time of his final performances, at the Orleans in Las Vegas. According to his Website, he had dozens of shows booked through the end of the year.

If there was one thing Carlin wasn't, it was the retiring type.

"Yes, I've accomplished all the things I've wanted to and way more, I couldn't have really predicted some of the paths," Carlin told Salon in February. "But I know that there's a restlessness, you know, artists are never finished."

Born May 12, 1937, in New York, Carlin marked his 50th year in show business last year.

George Carlin was in the Air Force also, training as a radar technician. He was stationed at Barksdale AFB, Louisiana. He did not complete his Air Force enlistment. Labeled an "unproductive airman" by his superiors, Carlin was discharged on July 29, 1957. It's hard to imagine George Carlin a soldier of any type, as anti-establishment as he was. But he was one hell of a funny guy and one of my comic heroes.

Rest well, George, and thanks for all the laughs.

:salute:

One of my favorite comics.

He's probably doin' a "stand up" at the Pearly Gates as we speak.

RIP George.

TO

Terrible!

Rest in peace man!

I was an absolute fan of of George Carlin. He was funny, would always break the barrier, go where others would not go and all to much told the truth sometimes.

RIP, he's off to see the Big Joe Pesci.

Where ever you are, I hope you're knockin' 'em dead...errr..yeah, deader. ;)

He was definitely an "Original" Poor guy had a name that never ended...
Ge or ge or Ge or ge or Ge or ge or Ge or ge........The "Hippy Dippy Weatherman" will not be forgotten. RIP George.

There's a low over the north east. There's a low over the west coast.
There's a low over the Florida pan handle.......what this country needs now is a good high!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back