Ta 152H-1 vs P-51H (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
V-1710 said:
... Prof. Tank's claim of easily pulling away from a flight of P-51's that tried to jump him during a test flight could certainly have been true, noting that Tank's 152H-1 probably didn't have full combat equipment, and the P-51's that gave chase were almost certainly D models, which had none of the improvements of the H or J models...

I have an American version of that story, which lends credence to Prof Tank's claim, but the P-51s never caught the "long-nose 190" so they couldn't confirm the exact type of 190D or 152 it was, much less if Prof Tank was at the controls...

I am going to have to look through my books. I am not sure which one or where, but I have seen sources of the Ta-152 at speeds higher than 472mph clocked on test flights.

I'll give my reasons much later as why I edited my comments and several of SM's. this is much in part to a phone call I just received from Germany.

life can be a bummer

Wow! This has been a great thread. Some great discussions (and some not so), much information presented (and, hopefully more to come), and finally, some intrigue!:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back