Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ju-88

• He 177

• Other

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wasnt :| i was shocked about the 87, not the 109 8) i knew about the 109 8) next you'll be saying that the bucker bu.181 was the plane used in the great escape when really it was the messerschmitt me-108 8)

For the Love of the Bomber if the Italians would have convinced the germans they needed a true 4 engine heavythey had it with the p.108! Yes it is a little like the b-17 but the p108 would have been great if it could have been produced in mass. The raids in the med and North africa prove it had promise. But it was made in small numbers and so it was lacking! but it could have chased the russians over the mountains and really got the RAF in trouble!

But for me no hard pic B-24

A point for the thought that Japan would not have gone to war with the US is just that a thought! They wanted to have what the europeans had land power Empire! They did that by going into china, Korea and south east Asia. To do that was to get the USN out of the water! They did for the time that Yamamoto had predicted.

As for all you B-29 lovers it was designed for the ETO and would have been used there, but to say that the atomic bombs would have been dropped in Germany that is a fuzzyer question. But Japan might have surandered with out the bombs, all we had to do was let general LeMay burn it to the ground, he hearly had already. We might have had to fight until 1946, but that was sooner the the planned invasion of the home islands.

As always the B-24 was best 4 engine Heavy!

They didn't need to bother with B-17s they should've sent in formations of Mosquitos - after they dropped their payload they could've got away without that many being shot down because of their amazing speed

Erich Hartmann said:
The B-17 was by far the best bomber, no questions asked. It was a normal sighting over Europe, and a feared one at that.

I think all enemy bombers are a feared sight over europe ;)

Could the fact that it was such a normal sight over Europe be put down to the fact that they built so many of them?? :lol:

Or maybe it's that the B-17 formations were bombing during the day but the Lancs were smartly bombing at night so they didn't get seen...until the spotlights were put on them and then the 88 and 105 mm Flak shells were flying up..and well yeah. :evilbat: Some of these emoticons just don't mean anything...

Anyway, I like the B-25 and I don't know why..maybe the doolittle raid has something to do with it.. :spermy: HA it's a sperm...why? oh why?

They are pretty cool, make me laugh anyway and I'm not easily amused...ahaahaha...look at that mouse....

For some reason people think the B-17 was an amazing aircraft. What they forget is the B-24 carried a higher payload and flew longer distances.
The best bomber of WW2 has to be the B-29. The B-29 was capable of carring a heavier bomb loads and longer distances then any other aircraft at that time . When Lemay had the B-29 aircraft stripped all of the guns off of to carry more bombs Japan was in serious trouble. The B-29 also discovered the Jet stream while flying to and from Japan at high altitudes. Because of the jet stream causing mission problems they decided to remove the armament and fly lower over the targets. After the war the B-29's were converted to B-50's and the WB-50's and the B-50's were used to bomb targets in the Korean war. The WB-50's were being used as weather reconissance aircraft until the early 1960's
The Russians even copied the B-29 design but there is no record of any nation copying any of the English designed bombers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back