Avia S-199 in 1/32 scale (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

al49

Tech Sergeant
Dec 16, 2009
Milan, Italy
Hi everybody,
the idea came to my mind after reading this book:

La fionda di David.jpg

The title translates "David's sling" and tells the history of Israely aviation in the first independence war in 1948. In this book, the most interesting and unusual aeroplane is the Check built Avia S-199.

I ordered and received some time ago the conversion kit made by Ciro Models
DSCN0199.JPG

DSCN0200.JPG

DSCN0203.JPG

Today I also received the needed Hasegawa G-14 kit so pretty soon I will start the job.
Cheers
Alberto

Hi,
so I started this one as well.
Not much to show, just "plastic surgery"

Cut the fuselage

DSCN0276.JPG
View attachment 230990
View attachment 230994
DSCN0277.JPG

Prepared the nose to be added to the fuselage

DSCN0281.JPG
DSCN0282.JPG

As you may have noticed, I did a mistake, I cut the nose 1.5 mm too short so I had to add a piece of plasticard to compensate :oops::oops:

Also did cuts in wings to fit the larger wheel covers.

DSCN0279.JPG

Same more to follow soon
Alberto

Good start Alberto.

Any chance you could also crop your pics, they take an age to load. You can load Irfanview for free and that does the job nicely.

I must Have made a mistake in resizing those pictures, I apologize for that :oops::oops:
Alberto

Plastic surgery continues:

DSCN0298.JPG
DSCN0299.JPG
DSCN0300.JPG
DSCN0301.JPG

The brass p.e. parts are from the Ciro kit; quite nice but require a lot of sanding!

Also, in this picture you can see that now I have two resin noses

DSCN0302.JPG

I wrote to Ciro Models asking them if they could supply me a new piece, just in case my correction didn't worked, and they sent it for free, just asking me to pay 3 Euros for freight. The one on the right is the new one, the one on the left is the corrected one, not too bad at all, so now I can choose.

Cheers
Alberto

Hi everybody,
I've been very busy with many family things, so the time I dedicated to modelling wasn't much, but I did some progress on this bird pilot's office:
DSCN0311 res.jpg
DSCN0313 res.jpg
DSCN0314 res.jpg
DSCN0315 res.jpg
DSCN0316 res.jpg

DSCN0312 res.jpg

Unfortunately I did a mistake: I assembled the fuselage before taking pictures of panels, so they are difficult to see and, also, the last picture isn't focus correctly.
To be noticed, if you wish, that that according to original photos, fuel lines were running differently compared with G-14.
Still according to above original photos, the cockpit colour wasn't the German standard RLM-66 but, instead a much lighter grey. After some attempts I ended with something similar to RLM-76.
Now working on the dashboard, which is specific as well, so very soon I will assembly everything together.
Cheers
Alberto

Did some more progress on this.

Dashboard complete and installed

DSCN0329 res.jpg
DSCN0330 res.jpg

Resin nose, wings and tail planes also attached to the fuselage.
As you can see putty was needed in some areas.

DSCN0331 res.jpg
DSCN0332 res.jpg
DSCN0333 res.jpg
DSCN0334 res.jpg

I hope to be able to do more before I go to my holiday house, otherwise it will be in September.
Cheers
Alberto

A bit more.
Added bulges on the cowl and rudder.
Also, just to get the feeling, I dry fit landing gear and propeller.

DSCN0338 res.jpg
DSCN0339 res.jpg
DSCN0340 res.jpg
DSCN0341 res.jpg
DSCN0342 res.jpg

As can be seen, some more filling and sanding is required.
I hope to be able to do that and give at least the firs coat of paint before I leave Milan for my holiday place.
Cheers
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back