Me262A-1/U4, 1/48 Dragon

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

SANCER

Senior Master Sergeant
Aug 21, 2014
México City
Hello again friends and teachers of static modeling. :salute:

As you know I finished my Nakajima and I'm in the final stage of my P-47 ... HOWEVER much time with my old pattern of Monogram ... I feel the need to let him breathe for a while. :pale:

Of shopping accumulated and new kits waiting in my cellar, I chose for my third workbench with you, ... this "Bomber Interceptor"

1395889260mHy0VcAA.jpg

I am not very fond of show in detail the contents of the kit box; but for my short experience in 1/48, I figure this is a good kit (above average) and presented me an excellent opportunity to continue learning and practicing.

The box art:

1.jpg

The newly opened box (has very good presentation and content protection)

2.jpg

The instructions (apparently are clear - on this occasion the best will study to avoid shocks) :study::thegraduate:

3.jpg

4.jpg

:thumbleft:The more than 130 pieces included, are very detailed :thumbright:(something to me will occur to detail it even further :rolleyes:)

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

The tires will be rubber and photo-etched parts include a mini parts that I have special care.

10.jpg

Well, I'm starting to gather as much information and images that are possible. :magnifyglass::computer::read2:

The kit offers the option of bare engines and two mechanics. So at least one of the turbojets will be observed fully. (which I love !!)

If any of you have had experience with this kit Dragon and have something to share me, I'm going to thank. And some of those wonderful images or information on this particular version of the Me 262.

Me262_montage-640.jpg

I will thank you in advance, and I will be formidable what we can do together with their advice, feedback and allowing my skills.

Nos vemos pronto y seguimos en contacto!! :thumbup:

LC
SANCER

Thanks for stopping by to say hello and of course I'll consider your advice Andy; I've enjoyed your work and as I exposed you, your Me 262 will be excellent reference :shock:. I will be glad to your views and feedback.

Gracias por compartir. :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Dear Wojtek, Vic B. Rogi, your company, your comments and words of encouragement, I´m sure that we can make a success of it. :smilecolros:

I shall have a chance to put him my hands (and I want to start!), But I have learned to document myself my best and have what it takes, as well as possible ... :idea: :lol: :idea:
I lack images of the landing gear, the cockpit floor and some details in the "bubble" of the cockpit (can not remember the correct name of the piece of glass covering the cockpit ... :help:)
And I'm also at 80% chance of having the colors I'm going to use and appears not to have to buy !! :-k

I am motivated to challenge it represents a more elaborate in their kit components ... the camaraderie with all of you and keep learning from these wonderful aircraft of WWII.

Saludos cordiales y hasta pronto "compadres y colegas" !! :thumbup:

SANCER

Wow, that's called support !!

Some pictures I also found on the web, but you make it easier for me with many more and if we add diagrams, I´m complementing the basis of photographic information !!

I admire your dedication and willingness (as so many experts in this forum friends) ... I know I'm in an interesting learning process, but also want to have the opportunity to contribute and collaborate with anyone who requires assistance ... Wojtek and all thank you very much !! :salute::signthanks:

I gotten some good pictures of "naked" turbine (in due course I show), but a taste ... (to give me your opinion)

jumoexplode.jpg

mun262_-6.jpg

mun262_-7.jpg

Gracias amigos ...por aquí seguimos ...ancioso por empezar!!!

My pleasure LC. If you want to show the jet engine I would say you could use one of these shots below found via the net. These show the engines attached to the plane quite nice. In addition a diagram with the cockpit tub.

cockpit tub.jpg

Me262 engine_a.jpg

Me262 engine_b.jpg

Me262 engine_c.jpg

Last edited:
That good pictures of the turbines, Wojtek friend !! will be an excellent reference! :thumbleft::thumbright:

Starting to work on my "Turbo-German" I start preparing all the pieces that I´ll paint in black, most as a base for metallic Alclad II ...
Sanding and carefully detailing the tiny pieces to get the best finished.

... Gun compartment and accessories ...(dry fitting) :mrgreen:

16.jpg

17.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

the total will be composed of 9 pieces! :shock:

To start assembling the PE I had to adapt a styrene cards for successful assembly in the correct positions helping with some TAK to sustain.

13.jpg

18.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

I have not yet been able to buy a folding tool (I'm looking for a good choice -are very expensive !! :rolleyes: -), so I'm working with a lot of patience and care.

... Part of the structure of the wheel wells was completed ...

22.jpg

23.jpg

I set out to improve the appearance of the muzzle; and I started with a mini-drill 0.35mm, but decided to make the holes a little bigger according to the images that I have as a reference ...

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

It is a small step, but it has taken me a few hours at night !! (Several :confused4:!!) and I'm still preparing the pieces for this first painting session.

Thank you for your visits and do not stop me your comments ...

Hasta pronto con más!! :thumbup:

SANCER

Looks great so far :) many thanks my friend for the comparison with the coin, gives a good perspective of size and how tricky this can be to put in. Excellent work so far and eagerly awaiting more :D :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back