Identification of old aircraft propeller (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Zemic

Recruit
Oct 27, 2011
Hello,
Please could anyone know what the aircraft is the propeller? And what could be the price?

Thank you Peter

P10100051.jpg
P10100111.jpg
P10100061.jpg
P10100091.jpg

two bladed WWI wooden props retail sell for about $1000. Yours would then be half that. Although, I think you may have a WWII prop based on the hub. A number of different WWII aircraft used wood props due to metal shortages. Are there any numbers , inspection stamps or any other marks on the prop?

Hi Peter!

Where did you find that beauty? I think it may be an early Moravan Zlin propeller, possibly from a Zlin Z-XII or Z-212, produced in your own country at the town of Zlin.
There's a 1950's example from the same company in the flat I'm renting (check out my thread 'New room-mate, what's she from?')

Evan

At the bottom is: 1801 and Z

The Z will be for Zlin if I know right, the 1801 should identify the type, if not the individual aircraft. Try writing the company in case they have a list. (want to do the same re the landlord's prop)

I learned that it should be a propeller aircraft Arado 96th
Is this possible?:)

Yep, you could well be right there mate! Letov and Avia produced them during the war, and Avia postwar (as the Avia C-2).

Another possibility may be the Siebel Si 204 (postwar designation: Aero C-3A/B) which had the same engines and props (aswell as the Fw 189, though I don't think these were produced in Czechoslovakia)

Noting that the blade is wooden and code and 'Z' markings, I'm wondering if Moravan-Zlin produced the blades for Letov, Aero or Avia? Original German items would have been metal I think (though they have may have used wooden blades aswell to conserve metal)

Arado Ar 96 (SK)
http://www.preservedaxisaircraft.com/Luftwaffe/siebel/images/NC 702 cn 350 Aero C3A.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back