Can You Believe Someone Has One of These To Fly For Fun?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MIflyer

1st Lieutenant
May 30, 2011
Cape Canaveral
F-100FComposite2.png

My aeroclub once shared a hangar with a privately owned CF-104. That had to be about the most challenging privately owned aircraft on the planet to fly, but once you got it out over the gulf and hit those burners...

The Pima Air Museum has an F-107.
Yeah, back around 1978 a USAF officer was trying to get permission to put that airplane back in the air. And a friend of mine had bought the YJ-75 engine from that airplane and had it in his storage yard; after he died it was sold for scrap.

I worked on the F-105. I would not want one except possibly as a lawn ornament on a large estate. I never worked on the F-102, which might explain why I would want one.
Well, obviously you would pay other people to work on your own personal flying F-105.
Why exactly would you not want your own personal F-105, the coolest cold war combat aircraft of them all?

How would the latest Super Sabre do against other single engine nose breathers? Like the MiG-21, Chengdu J-7, Sukhoi Su-9, and Dassault Super Mystère. The MiG-21 and J-7 have radar, but the Sabre has the better missiles.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back