Fokker D.VII, CWL 22.05 in 1/48?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
I can't believe that there's no decals for this one in 1/48, at least I can't find any....bummer! 😳😲😥

IMG_20200913_224833.jpg

IMG_20200913_224855.jpg

IMG_20200913_224916.jpg

Hantelmann's colors were blue and red while Monnington's D.III was black overall and hs D.V was a streaked green/dark green over a gray underside.

If you look closely at Hantlemann's skull and crossbones, you see that it's a faithful reproduction of the Braunschweig Hussars insignia, which he served with before joining the Air Service.

I can't believe that there's no decals for this one in 1/48, at least I can't find any....bummer! 😳😲😥

View attachment 594817

View attachment 594818

View attachment 594819

Contact the decal manufacturers to order. In Russia there are two men that do such decals.
Штучные декали по индивидуальным заказам — Каропка.ру — стендовые модели, военная миниатюра
проект "Народная Декаль" | ВКонтакте
I think that in your country too there are such producers

Now, was Fokker D.VII, CWL 22.05 a Fokker built machine, an Albatros or OAW? 🤨🤔
CWL is a Polish Aircraft company, I believe.

The D.VII was manufactured by Albatros, Ostdeutche Albatros and Magyar Altalanos Gepgyar (Hungary - postwar).

The Poles may have built some after war, since their air force employed a number of them.

The Polish AF had about 50 Fokker D.VII biplanes. About 20 of them were reacquired from France. About 20 were bought from Germans. A couple of them was captured in the Greater Poland during the uprising there. and a couple of Fokker D.VIIs Poland got as the war reparations. These planes were a mix of aircraft made by the basic German factories involved in the production. I mean the Fokker in Schwerin , Albatros Werke in Johannisthal and its branch Ostdeutsche Albatros-Werke ( OAW ) in Piła (Schneidemühl). It is said that these bought from Germans were made by the OAW factory. Unfortunatelt there aren't any records survived.
There weren't any Fokker D.VII built in Poland. The abbreviation CWL means the Central Aviation Workshops (Centralne Warsztaty Lotnicze). The aviation workshop was settled down in Warsaw and the task was to repair aircraft and engines. In the years 1919-1920, CWL repaired former German planes because all of them were the war production series. In 1925 the name was changed to the Centralne Zakłady Lotnicze (CZL) - Central Aviation Works. And in 1928 the aviation workshop became the Państwowe Zakłady Lotnicze (PZL) - National Aviation Works. When an aircrfat was overhauled by the CWL it got its number painted on the side of the fusealge. In the case it is 22.05.

To answer the question ... unfortunately the vents on the engine covers aren't noticed well but I would use the OAW variant.

memento-mori.jpg

the pic source: Modelarstwo z pasją • Zobacz wątek - Fokker VII - różnice pomiędzy producentami Fok. vs Alb i OAW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back