Rescribing tools?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Managed to an extent without them, but now....I need to buy some, so in short....

Which is the ones to invest in? 🤨🤔

IMG_20191222_050558.jpg

My 3
IMG_2214.jpg

The blades for the Tamiya scriber are made by Olfa by the way in case you didn't know it.

While I sometimes use knives and pins, I find them to be less than ideal because they tend to displace plastic rather than remove it so that every groove results in ridges on both sides. Where I can, I use these extremely fine PE saws. They remove material and leave a very fine groove.

511-533zLEL._AC_SY355_.jpg

Forgot about this wee beastie. Like Andy's, its more of a saw and it works great. I just used it on my tip tanks.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

One has to fold the blade into shape and then fit it in the handle, not included. I think several sizes of blades came in the set.
  1. When did I get it.....I dunno
  2. Who makes it.....I dunno
  3. Where's the rest of the set.....I dunno
  4. What's it for....Ha ha...I believe it was advertised as a tool to remove parts from sprue trees who's attachment points are larger than the part itself
  5. Why did I get it....it was shiny

Forgot about this wee beastie. Like Andy's, its more of a saw and it works great. I just used it on my tip tanks.
<snip>
One has to fold the blade into shape and then fit it in the handle, not included. I think several sizes of blades came in the set.
  1. When did I get it.....I dunno
  2. Who makes it.....I dunno
  3. Where's the rest of the set.....I dunno
  4. What's it for....Ha ha...I believe it was advertised as a tool to remove parts from sprue trees who's attachment points are larger than the part itself
  5. Why did I get it....it was shiny
I have an appointment booked for you for a past life regression therapy session
grin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back