Then and Now

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
Feb 19, 2007
Southern New Jersey
I found another forum where someone posted pics from WWII and searched out the locations and what they look like today. Pretty awesome pics!!

Enjoy!

Normandiepps1 (1).jpg
Normandiepps2.jpg
Normandiepps3.jpg
Normandiepps6.jpg
Normandiepps11.jpg
Normandiepps12.jpg
Normandiepps13.jpg
Normandiepps14.jpg
Normandiepps15.jpg
Normandiepps16.jpg
Normandiepps17.jpg
Normandiepps18.jpg
Normandiepps19.jpg
Normandiepps20.jpg
Normandiepps24.jpg
Normandiepps33.jpg
Normandiepps34.jpg
Normandiepps35.jpg
Normandiepps37.jpg
Normandiepps38.jpg
Normandiepps39.jpg
Normandiepps40.jpg
Normandiepps43.jpg
Normandiepps44.jpg
Normandiepps46.jpg
Normandiepps50.jpg

Man you Europeans don't change a thing do you? In the states we would have torn those wrecks down and rebuilt them twice over already!

What would be the rush? My house had a kitchen added in the 19th century and then a bathroom in the 20th. We added a new bedroom in the hayloft in the 21st. I suppose my chickens might complain as their granite house and walled run has never been updated for over 300 years.

Great stuff, goes without saying that additional photos will be appreciated :)

What would be the rush? My house had a kitchen added in the 19th century and then a bathroom in the 20th. We added a new bedroom in the hayloft in the 21st. I suppose my chickens might complain as their granite house and walled run has never been updated for over 300 years.

Ah, so a relatively new house then. The tree trunk holding up the roof in my last cottage (from where ex-wifey has just left) was older than most of the town's buildings, and obviously much older than the cottage itself, and the cottage was only about 260 to 275 years old - never could establish the exact year of construction.

I really enjoy photo comparisons like this. A great thread. Thanks for starting it.

Did one of my own for a history project in 1970 when I was a senior in high school in Independence Missouri. I gathered photos of various locations around KC during the prohibition era, and then took modern day photos from as close to the original viewpoint as possible. Mounted them next to each other on a poster board, pointing out the things that were the same and the things that had changed. Some areas, like the OP photos, changed very little. Other places were completely unrecognizable.

The teacher was pretty impressed, and I got an A. :D Lost it in a house fire the following summer. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back