GB-62 1/48 Spitfire Mk.IX - Spitfires

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have the same model with the Italian Insignia (ICM48069) and I'm curious to understand the work that needs to be done to come up with a nice model... And from what I've seen so far, it seems like there's a lot to do... But I'm sure you'll be a great help to me.

Good work 👍🏻

Attachments

• 200_rd.jpg
    200_rd.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 2
I am building this kit myself, I got the RAF airfield set which has two Spitfires Mk VII or XI, actually they are two identical kits that can be built into both. So I am making one with my beginners skills and when I have found all ways to screw it up, I will do the other for the GB,

I have the same model with the Italian Insignia (ICM48069) and I'm curious to understand the work that needs to be done to come up with a nice model... And from what I've seen so far, it seems like there's a lot to do... But I'm sure you'll be a great help to me.

Good work 👍🏻

I am building this kit myself, I got the RAF airfield set which has two Spitfires Mk VII or XI, actually they are two identical kits that can be built into both. So I am making one with my beginners skills and when I have found all ways to screw it up, I will do the other for the GB,

Some additional resources:

Some additional resources:

Thanks, I wont de rail this thread any more than it has been already. I am messing about trying things like painting cockpit stuff with a magnifying glass and surface preparation to get a nice finish. My first version will just be an "object d'art" wheels up, no guns sort of PR type and not historically representative of anything other than the essence of a Spitfire, but good practice for what I want to do next, getting the best finish I can from brush paints awaiting Santa and his air brush.

Thanks, I wont de rail this thread any more than it has been already. I am messing about trying things like painting cockpit stuff with a magnifying glass and surface preparation to get a nice finish. My first version will just be an "object d'art" wheels up, no guns sort of PR type and not historically representative of anything other than the essence of a Spitfire, but good practice for what I want to do next, getting the best finish I can from brush paints awaiting Santa and his air brush.
This forum is the most informative and active place I have found.
When it comes to discussion, when it comes to "discussion" a thread
can ever be de railed. We all learn from it!
I don't have much time to finish. Will start painting exterior today!!!!!!!!
I been slackin.

This forum is the most informative and active place I have found.
When it comes to discussion, when it comes to "discussion" a thread
can ever be de railed. We all learn from it!
I don't have much time to finish. Will start painting exterior today!!!!!!!!
I been slackin.
If it is true that we learn from our mistakes, my second build of this kit will be the absolute dogs goolies, I will take some pics and include in my actual group build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back