"Good Girl Art" Corsairs?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So I ultimately decided to go with Vargas Cowgirl. She appears to be the best (tbh ONLY) real option for a 1A of the overall scheme I'm looking for.

Ok, that brings me to the next problem: Does anyone know of any other references for this bird? So far the only photo I've ever seen is the one that comes in the decal set. It gives a decent look at the overall aircraft, but only from the right side with no indication as to whether the art was on both side of the stabilizer, or even what the left side looks like at all. There's also not much on the fate of the aircraft. In the photo it looks like the machine had a bad landing, but not so bad it couldn't have been repaired and put back into service.

Edit:

Also, I'm curious what would have been the standard practice in regards to the stencils on these aircraft. I'm not referring to stuff like the BuNo., type, and branch on the stabilizer. Rather the universal maintenance stencils (the various "NO PUSH," etc.) across the airplane. With as hard as the elements were on these machines and as often as they would need to be oversprayed, would maintenance crews even bother with reapplying those stencils? Most large-scale kits provide them, but it can be hard to tell from photos whether or not they were actually present on the aircraft in the field, especially after several months of sun, mud, crushed coral, and storms got through with them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back