It shouldn't happen to a Chef ! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Not sure if this belongs here and I hope Rochie allows it but.....
Back in the early 1990's, I was newly married. One day I come home from work and she thought she would make a dinner and made beef goulash. But she didn't think it was right, saying it required too much pepper. I was so fecking hungry, I didn't care. "Fetch me yon meaty combustables!" But she was right. I about choked on the amount of pepper so I asked for the recipe. She hands me a book and I'm reading and I ask her how much beef did she use? She said "One pound." I said, "Well that's interesting since it requires 8lbs!!" She didn't really read the recipe and used the amount of pepper for 8lbs of meat. :)

Not sure if this belongs here and I hope Rochie allows it but.....
Back in the early 1990's, I was newly married. One day I come home from work and she thought she would make a dinner and made beef goulash. But she didn't think it was right, saying it required too much pepper. I was so fecking hungry, I didn't care. "Fetch me yon meaty combustables!" But she was right. I about choked on the amount of pepper so I asked for the recipe. She hands me a book and I'm reading and I ask her how much beef did she use? She said "One pound." I said, "Well that's interesting since it requires 8lbs!!" She didn't really read the recipe and used the amount of pepper for 8lbs of meat. :)
I had a somewhat similar experience but involved crushed chilli instead of pepper...never has a tub of sour cream tasted so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back