Administrator

Arado Ar 66C

Shown here is a Ar 66C belonging the NSGr 3. Note the two bombs carried underneath the fuselage.

Arado Ar 66C
Administrator, Mar 25, 2006
    • Hobilar
      The Arado Ar.66C entered service with the Luftwaffe in 1933 as a two-seat primary trainer. It was still in service at the outbreak of World War II, and in 1943 the remaining aircraft were pressed into service, alongside the Gotha Go.145 trainer, for night ground-attack (Storkampfstraffeln) harrassment operations on the Eastern Front.

      Powered by a 240 hp Angus As 10C inverted-vee engine the usual armament on these combat missions was a 2- or 4-kg anti-personnel fragmentation bomblet.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Black & White Photos
    Uploaded By:
    Administrator
    Date:
    Mar 25, 2006
    View Count:
    3,439
    Comment Count:
    1