Administrator

Fiat Cr.25

Fiat Cr.25
Administrator, Mar 25, 2006
    • Hobilar
      First flown as a prototype on the 22nd July 1937. The Italian Air Ministry decided early in 1938 to use this twin-engined aircraft for the roles of strategic reconnaissance and for long range escort. An order for 40 machines was reduced in 1939 to just 10 aircraft. Nine of these (designated C.R 25 bis were allcated to the 173 Squadriglia Ricognizione Strategica Marittima based at Palermo-Boccadifalco in Sicily. This unit soon attained a very high level of operational efficiency but attrition eventually took its toll and the surviving aircraft were withdrawn to Northern Italy in 1943.

      The tenth Production machine (designated C.R 25D) was used by the Italian air attache in Berlin-being interned there on Italy's signing of an armistice with the Allies (8 Sept 43)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Black & White Photos
    Uploaded By:
    Administrator
    Date:
    Mar 25, 2006
    View Count:
    2,564
    Comment Count:
    1