Recent content by Jock Tamson

  1. Jock Tamson

    GB-71 1/48 Tiger Moth - Recon/Transport/Training Aircraft WWII

    Thanks folks for looking in. More progress albeit with more effort than expected . The cowlings although dry fitted to each other fitted nicely it was a different story attaching them to the airframe. I got there eventually 🙃. Wings and tail feathers attached although I lost one of the tail...
  2. Jock Tamson

    GB-71 1/48 Tiger Moth - Recon/Transport/Training Aircraft WWII

    A bit more done.... Fuselage buttoned up 😀. You can see Airfix have provided some engine details which is another half way house arrangement similar to their 1/48 Bf 109E kits. I'll see what it looks like once the surrounding cowlings are attached before I decide whether to pose the cover...
  3. Jock Tamson

    GB-71 1/48 A6M2-K - Recon/Transport/Training Aircraft in WW II

    Nice 👍 the second scheme looks particularly attractive.
  4. Jock Tamson

    GB-71 1/48 Tiger Moth - Recon/Transport/Training Aircraft WWII

    Thanks for looking in! And so it begins.... Starts in the cockpit as per. Quite nice details. I'm posing the crew access doors open and in the photo you can see I've removed the front cockpit door already. I have test fitted the cockpit floor and seats in the fuse and it's a tight fit...
  5. Jock Tamson

    GB-70 1/32 Bf109E-4 - WWII Spanish Civil War to Fall of France

    Looking good 👍 I've heard mixed reports about this older Eduard kit so am interested to see how you progress. 1/32 Emils aren't as widely available as the later models for some reason.
  6. Jock Tamson

    GB-71 1/48 Tiger Moth - Recon/Transport/Training Aircraft WWII

    Username: Jock Tamson First name: Greg Category: Intermediate Manufacturer: Airfix Scale: 1/48 Extras: rigging Here's my entry for the GB Airfix 's Tiger Moth in 1/48 This was acquired the other day. I've wanted to try a bi-plane for a while so have settled for this one. A bit of...
  7. Jock Tamson

    Recent Purchases

    3 for 2 offer on Airfix kits in Hobbycraft.... Had to be done 😆 Cheers Greg
  8. Jock Tamson

    GB 71 questions Recon/Transport/Training Aircraft in WWII

    Any sign of this GB kicking off?? I've recently acquired a 1/48 Airfix Tiger Moth which would fit the bill.....🙂 Cheers Greg 👍
  9. Jock Tamson

    1/48 Italieri P-40K Warhawk

    Hi, yes it did. However it's less noticeable on this one as I had to cut off the standard tail to fit the shorter K tail which came with this issue of the kit. Cheers Greg 👍
  10. Jock Tamson

    1/48 Italieri P-40K Warhawk

    My latest completion is the P-40K from Italieri which, I think, is a re-box of the old Ertel tooling so details are a bit soft in places. I added PE from Eduard in the pit, resin replacement exhausts and Master metal gun barrels. I found it a nice kit to build and the boxing came...
  11. Jock Tamson

    GB 70 Start

    Hmmmm 🤔 having visited your build perhaps a rethink is in order! An omen in the fact that I got the name wrong is trying to tell me something 😆 Cheers Greg 👍
  12. Jock Tamson

    GB 70 Start

    I have identified a possible candidate! 1/48 Gloucester Gladiator by Roden. It has the option to build it with skis as a Finnish or Swedish version. Theres also the standard version with wheels FAA from the Battle for Norway. Only problem is rigging 😬
  13. Jock Tamson

    **** DONE: GB-70 1/48 Curtiss H75 A-2 - WWII Spanish Civil War to Fall of France

    Cool subject 👍 what scheme/markings are you doing? I have the old ESI kit but it's missing a canopy and has Vichy French markings which are post Battle of France. Yours will look good with all the upgrades.
Back