Recent content by Maty12

  1. M

    B-24 / B-25

    Hi Wurger, As best as I can tell these are using War Thunder 3D models, and that game only has certain versions of each aircraft. Regarding the B-24 and B-25, the only depictions of either in the game are: B-24D-25-CO = incorrectly named, since it has the Sperry ball turret that was only...
  2. M

    B-24 / B-25

    Are these War Thunder liveries? I made a few a decade ago and the 3D model looks familiar. I have seen a few of those models extracted and used in Garry's Mod. That one was also labelled a B-24D-25-CO (despite not being one, the D-25 did not have a ball turret).
  3. M

    B-24 / B-25

    I'm late to this one, but I'm pretty sure it should say CREW WEIGHT. I can't read what weight is listed, but that marking being much lower than a normal combat crew is not uncommon. I believe the last line is SUITABLE FOR AROMATICS, as in aromatic fuels. While it's a different aircraft, two of...
  4. M

    Looking for books on the history of controllable-pitch propellers

    Will check out the new recommendations as well, thanks lads. Funny you mention that, I witnessed the same thing two months ago, but fortunately on an ground instruction airframe. I was tasked with finishing the installation of a propeller that a student from the year above mine had removed and...
  5. M

    B26 Marauder Pump Lever or not?

    Hi Smutny, Great photos. I agree with your assessment of 40-1459 as a good faith restoration and they've done a great job, however as you can see quite a few of the components had to be made from scratch and as such are not quite right. I had forgotten that the 50-hour inspection training films...
  6. M

    Looking for books on the history of controllable-pitch propellers

    Hi gents, Thank you for the recommendations. I will pick up both the Kinney and Rosen books. There was some poor planning on my part so it may be a couple months before I can. Thank you as well for the articles and manuals, and for the suggestions and well wishes. Eng, good call on the VDM...
  7. M

    Looking for books on the history of controllable-pitch propellers

    Hi all, I'll be starting my final year of university in September and as such will have to pick a topic for dissertation. I'm very interested in writing about electrical propeller pitch control such as on the old Curtiss Electric propellers, but have struggled to find much material on their...
  8. M

    B26 Marauder Pump Lever or not?

    Hi Laurent, Yes, this part is most likely from another aircraft. I mainly have documents about the B-26, so I cannot help much with other aircraft. I did a few searches at WWII Era Military Blueprints & Manuals | AirCorps Library. No relevant results for either part number. Looking for "handle...
  9. M

    B26 Marauder Pump Lever or not?

    Hi Laurent, I've checked through the hydraulic drawings in my collection, and the hand pump installation drawing for all models is listed as Martin Drawing 270323. This drawing shows how the hand pump is installed on the plane and states that the pump and its handle are part number 1H260K (or...
  10. M

    1st Composite Squadron USAAF

    I agree, this just looks like olive drab to me. It's very common for the shades on the canvas-covered rudder to not match the metal-covered airframe, and it tends to fade quickly, especially in the sun. Olive Drab was not very stable and could fade into anything from light green to tan to a...
  11. M

    B26 Marauder Pump Lever or not?

    Hi Laurent, I don't recall a lever with this S-shape on the Marauder. I've looked through 01-35EB-4 and 01-35E-4 parts catalogs for the long-wing models and there are no results for either 111759 or 311699, though both do follow Martin nomenclature. There are very few parts in the 111000 range...
  12. M

    Twin Engine Thunderbolt in 1/72nd Scale

    Excellent work, Glenn! I especially love the folding main gear doors
  13. M

    Twin Engine Thunderbolt in 1/72nd Scale

    Absolute beauty, Glenn! They look great together too
  14. M

    Airscrew pitch control-1942?

    Don't know about y'all but I found A2A's old video on propellers for their Spitfire to be a very intuitive take on the subject, as they cover fixed pitch, variable-pitch, and constant speed. The best way I can summarize "constant-speed" and why you would want it is that in a simple variable...
  15. M

    B-25 weapons thread

    Glad to help. I had never seen the photo you posted before and agree it's a great one!
Back