Recent content by Sabrejet

  1. Sabrejet

    What Annoyed You Today?

    The phrase, "...in and of itself..." Which means......nothing.
  2. Sabrejet

    F6F naming

    See post #9; they also smell of popcorn, hence the nickname "popcorn bear".
  3. Sabrejet

    1/32 scale stache I'm sick

    Now that's a TACHE!!! Good work :salute::salute::salute:
  4. Sabrejet

    1/32 scale stache I'm sick

    What you have there is a stash. The other thing is probably facial hair of some sort.
  5. Sabrejet

    BUBBLE CANOPIES - 'Pre-Historic' Beginnings...

    Thanks for that. I recall (Paul Hare?) did a nicely detailed rundown of the SE.4 in Cross & Cockade magazine a while back which might add to the discussion. I hadn't noted this thread before but enjoyed reading through the discussion before it turned p*ssy. It does highlight the constant...
  6. Sabrejet

    AI Fails

    Is this the next thing? YouTube channel proudly says "NO AI": Then zero seconds in (!) begins with this garbage!!!!
  7. Sabrejet

    Neal Kearby Medal Of Honor Documentation?

    And note too the confirmation of 'Neel', not 'Neal'.
  8. Sabrejet

    Neal Kearby Medal Of Honor Documentation?

    It seems that there may be further detail in these two AFHRA documents: IRIS NUM 84625/ IRIS REF B0302A: CONTAINS SUMMARY OF [348th] GROUP'S HISTORY WITH COL N. E. KEARBY'S CITATION FOR CONGRESSIONAL MEDAL OF HONOR AND OPERATIONAL STATISTICS. IRIS NUM 58526/ IRIS REF A0777: [341st FS]...
  9. Sabrejet

    Post war conversions, water bombers, executive conversions, bring it!

    Well I didn't expect Profirio Rubirosa to come up in discussion on this group; he's usually associated with classic Ferraris and I had no idea he had an association with this rather nice executive B-25. Every day's a school day!
  10. Sabrejet

    Post war conversions, water bombers, executive conversions, bring it!

    Probably my favourite conversion is Martin JM-1 BuAer No. 75187, which was extensively converted by AiResearch Aviation Service Co. of Los Angeles International Airport in 1952/53 for owner the Continental Can Company, Inc of Morristown NJ. Key features of the conversion included full cabin...
  11. Sabrejet

    Greek F-4 Phantom Crashes at Air Show

    It was F-4E AUP s/n 01504; here at RIAT 2016:
  12. Sabrejet

    Martin Marauder JM-1 and JM-2 aircraft accident reports

    Were they all yellow?
  13. Sabrejet

    DH88 Comet racer damaged.

    Looks to have broken its back. Time for it to be gracefully retired I feel.
  14. Sabrejet

    A new book in my library.

    Mmm. "Based on" are the two words that make me tend to avoid books and movies.
  15. Sabrejet

    AI Fails

    Every time someone (in a bored moment) decides to use AI, another data centre is justified. We need to understand the impacts of this plague.
Back