Micdrow

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About Post areas

• HI THERE MICDROW,

YOU HAD SOME INFO ON THE MERLIN 61...WHICH FOR SOME REASON I CANNOT OPEN.IF THIS IS STILL AVAILABLE COULD YOU SEND IT TO ME
    Hello Paul, just read over an older posting of yours on model map making. Great article! It brought back memories of when I was in the Infantry and we had to make terrain models for different operations we were involved in. It was not uncommon for some of us to carry model tools and equipment in our rucksacks. Our models then were usually 1:25,000 and 1:50,000 scale and made to correspond with our maps. I was frequently asked to make them because of my artistic ability. Thanks for that information.
    Hello paul.. was wondering if you could possibly dig up some info on the Fightin' Sam for me. I tried but my efforts will never amount to yours. My primary interest is state of condition as it would give insight to my weathering. Wikipedia did say that its nose section is still in a museum today. Also would help me make a little story for the finished build and dio.

Much appreciated, Corey
    Hi Dave I actually live in by Appleton Wisconsin. The aircraft are restored in Oshkosh which is about a half hour south of me. Here is the link. Basler Turbo Conversions, LLC* Basler Turbo 67 Aircraft
    what city do you live in? I see in your posts there are many dakotas awaiting restoration one day :) im curious as to where they are?

thanks
    dave
    Hey Paul,

I was curious if you had a link to what the cockpit of a P-40B looked like?

Like the Seat colors, instrument etc.

Thanks so much!
    Sorry Hans Mulder,

But unfortunently thats all I have on this engine.

All the best
    Paul
    F
    Hi
    Thanks for putting the Gipsy 12 article on the site.Great stuff!
    I am researching this engine to build a quarterscale model of it.
    Details are very hard to get and I had not much of the rear-end.
    The PDF file helped a lot.
    Have you got more on this engine?
    I give you my email adress:
    [email protected]
    Regards
    Hans Mulder
    Holland
    Hi Syscom,

I will have to talk to the other moderators and see what they say. I know I started a bunch of document threads in the technical area here. For now I can create one for maps if you like or you can and I will sticky thread it here with the others.

Technical - Aircraft of World War II - Warbird Forums

Let me know.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back