B-17engineer

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About Post areas

• Hi,

Sorry, didn't see your message. Have been on vacation for 2 weeks, but I'm back :)

Marcel
    Thanks H, I'll have a quick look before i go to bed. Stayed up late again! See the post on the Bf110G-4, found one for you.
    Hi Harrison. I just now saw your message. I worked last night again and its got me all messed up,don't even know what day it is:lol: I've been watching your diorama and it looks great. Mine is just going to be a base for the model and I'm worried how it's going to turn out because it's been a long long time since I did one. I Thunk its up in the attic. Ii should see if I can dig it up and see how I did it.
    It'll possibly be easier than the Gladiator H, especially the colour scheme. I presume it's the Hobbycraft kit, whose instructions tend to be basic - darn those French Canadians! Just take it steady, and check, double check and treble check the instructions and drawings, and ask us all if in doubt. I want that kit myself, and might get one, time permitting.
    Cheers,
    T.
    Sounds good H. They're a bl**dy good company to deal with - been going since around 1912 - and don't mess around with stupid prices etc. The Royal Mail charge for sending a 'decal-sized' envelope by Air Mail is, as mentioned, fairly low; around 89 Pence to no more than £1.50. If it's a bit bulkier, it shouldn't be much more. An airbrush. for example, should only cost around £5 to send, according to the company I got mine from. I've just posted some decals to mandoman today (or a friend did, I couldn't get out !) , and it cost £1.48, only because I used a larger, padded 'Jiffy bag' envelope - only one I had suitable. Hannant's see it as not worth charging the carriage for what is just, basically, a letter post, and probably just send it through their own outgoing mail, rather than through the warehouse despatcg system.
    Sounds good. For gap filling? I'll have a look at your thread, if I stay up long enough! I use thin card and glue for wider gaps, which works very well. Trying to do about three things at once at the moment, including writing the guidelines for the BoB GB !
    Cheers,
    T.
    Thanks very much H. I'd guess shipping would be no more than about £5, possibly less. Worth thinking about.
    The white looked real good Harrison. Maybe a little heavy, but that's real hard not to do with white. Next time maybe try shooting it with a light coat of very light gray flat, that way you won't have to use so much white.
    i just wanted you to know that i finished my project for this year. and the section that impressed my teacher and me the most was the B-17. i just wanted to say thank you for the help
    Thanks for your help with this. I wondered as I have been given the 2TAF series and the number of times RAF Spitfires and P51A were attacked by 'Yellow nosed P51's' was considerable, far more than other US units. I just wondered who they were.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back