W

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About Post areas

• Making the piping semi transparent might also work, particularly with this baby. Depending on your software, you may want to create a master assembly with everything visible and together and copies of it with exploded / transparent components. I have created several 6-inline and V12 diesels this way. Engines are a whole lot of work no matter how you do them. Best of luck.
    Looking at photos of the complete thing, one cannot make out the basic shape of the block and cylinders for all the piping-the same would happen with a virtual model. My solution for engines is to create a staged exploded view, that is, show the block assembly, the moving parts as assembled, the cylinders and heads assembled and generally the piping and wiring assembled in relation to each other.
    Your R-4360 looks truly impressive!!! I have started repeatedly on one (and stopped, and started...) mainly due to lack of information. You are dealing with a 15,000+ part engine. A few drawings are not going to give you more than a vague idea of the overall effect. If I am going to reconstruct an engine, especially one this complex, I want to make it fully functional, and as close to as manufactured as possible.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back