1:1 Spitfire sim pit of aluminum construction...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jan 3, 2016
Sort of like extreme modelling. hehe Not sure how far I'll get but here's the beginnings after research this winter.
intercostal_shop_sm.png

Finished the opposite intercostal and moving to Frame #8 where the instrument panel mounts. You can kind of see the layout being drawn on the wood beneath (hard to see sorry).
DSCN0223.JPG

Here's a full day's work (phew!), though most of it was making the new tooling for the remaining parts (frame #8). Got to use my new shrinker/stretcher set!
The second pic has one of the previous parts lined up. Shows where the pilot's right leg would rest (looking aft).
Frame8_shop_sm.png

Frame8-2_shop_sm.png

Frame eight is a swine to make !.

Good to see another 'Warbird ' being made :)

Do keep us posted as things progress, and if you get stuck, just yell !

Here's some 2018 progress:
Fully functioning elevator trim gauge (potentiometer/servo) with glass window. Gear indicator in progress.
Spitfire_progress.png

Dunlop flap lever:
flap_lever_sm.png
dunlop_machining.jpg
flap_lever.jpg

5C-543 A.M. switch: Made this momentary to work better for simming. I'll be making other types as well.

5C-543sm.png
Dunlop_FlapLever.jpg

Spade Grip progress: Not shown but I have the button receptacle fitted and welded. Waiting for the scrap yard to get some brass round stock for machining. ;) I decided on steel, since I'm not setup yet for casting aluminum.

Spade_Grip_Steel.jpg

Regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back