1/144 Revell Germany Lockheed L-1049G Super Constellation "Star of Blarney Castle" (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Trebor

Master Sergeant
Feb 15, 2008
KCLS
OK, I only JUST realized that the last thread I posted was in fact NOT in the group build. so here it is again, one last time. I'm entering my Connie :)

HPIM2541 half.jpg

HPIM2533 half.jpg

HPIM2525 half.jpg

HPIM2528 half.jpg

HPIM2527 half.jpg

HPIM2521 half.jpg

Very nicely done Rob, but I'm afraid this Group Build finished on 31st May !
It's all been judged, winners announced and the Member's Choice Poll completed.
Also, to enter the Group Builds, the rules should be followed regarding entrant's details, category etc, and progress reports and photos posted throughout the build.

Last edited:
ouch, so I'm a little late. lol. well, if there's a civilian aircraft group build in the future, I'll submit it. so, would you mind closing this thread, Terry?

Only a mod can close the thread Rob, but no problem.
As I mentioned though, for a Group Build, the model has to be built during the course of the GB, so this Connie wouldn't qualify for another GB. However, have a look at the listings for future GBs, as there is one where you could maybe enter a transport - a good excuse to build another model!
Also, have a look at the GB Rules, posted in this forum section, and the GB Photo Requirements - they'll give you an idea of what's required of each entrant.

Well I shall not close this thread as it is worthy of many taking a look at your abilities my friend.

I will be the first to say that your 1/144th Connie more than holds up to the dreaded and telling micro-shots and your work is phenomenal. Each time you submit another civil airliner I am impressed and encouraged. Keep 'em comin' man!!! :cool: You are making quite the collection.

Terry: I do have some progress pics I can post. so when a GB that my Connie can be entered in, I'll gladly post those along with it.

Matt: thanks a million, Matt. I'm looking to go VERY detailed with my Trans World 757. I recently bought this book by Finescale Modeler called "Modeling Airliners" Modeling Airliners (Scale Modeler's How-to Guide): Aaron Skinner: 9780890248447: Amazon.com: Books and I'm starting to practice some of the interesting techniques in the book. I just bought some .010" styrene sheets that I'm gonna use to create makeshift antennas and pitot tubes. if you're at all interested in doing some airliners, this website called Airline Hobby Supply has a BUNCH of airliner modeling supplies. I've bought from there at least 7 times. a good manufacturer to start with would be Minicraft. they produce beautiful civil aircraft, mostly classic jetliners and propliners ranging from the DC-3 to the Constellation, the 707 to the 777. they're looking to come out with a couple Convair liners, soon. Revell of Germany produces some great modern civil airliners like the 737NG, and even a joint venture with Russian maker Zvezda on their 1/144th scales B-787 and B747-8i. and of course their Constellation

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back