1/24 Airfix Hurricane Mk.I

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ScanmanDan

Airman
Dec 25, 2010
Just some finished shots.

Hurricaneoverallfinished.jpg

HURRICANETIRED.jpg

HURRICANEFINISHEDFRONTTOO.jpg

HURRICANEARTSY.jpg

HURRICANEGEAR.jpg

Hurricaneexhausts.jpg

Hurricanefrontfinished.jpg

Added home made resin wheels and Grey Matter resin exhausts. Painted all markings and used HobbyDecal dry transfers for the stencils.

Hope you like.

Dan

Last edited:
I agree with Terry's post above. Also the final coat makes here appearance a little bit too dusty.

Nicely done. Between your 1/24 scale and Lucke.stz‎'s 1/144 scale, it is apparent that one scale is not necessarily better than another, just different. Both are good models of the Hurricane. Cheers!

Thank you one and all.

I'm always trying to improve my building skills.

I appreciate your comments as to the 'finish'.

I do subscribe to the idea of pushing the finish past what would be scale

to get the model to 'pop' for the average viewer. Three reasons for this.

One; I'm not a subtle guy, I have to work very hard against my

natural tendency and not go even farther and end up with a cartoon.

Two; Under most lighting conditions my more scale finishes just look dull and dead.

I find it impossible to take pictures under normal lighting conditions.

True that's probably more lifelike but I don't want a cabinet full of dead things. Getting the balance right

is more difficult. That's why it's nice to have folks like you who know comment. I can better judge the finish.

Nothing worse than someone who tells you that a model looks great and then turns to his mate and says,

"Man did you see the colours on that thing?"

Three; My models are in pride of place in my home. Most folks who see them aren't modellers. So yes I get a little showbiz

and push the saturation a bit to get attention. As I said it's a balance and easy to get wrong. So thanks for the feedback.

Glad you like the Hurricane as she was a cracker to build and looks good on the shelf.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back