1/32 A6M2 Zero - Pacific Theatre of Operations II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Username: Catch22
First name: Cory
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1/32
Manufacturer: Tamiya
Extras: Yellowhammer Decals "Wings of the Samurai Pt 2"

tmc32a6m2bt.jpg

Unsure of the subject of this kit, and see the second post for more information.

I painted some of the interior with the airbrush while it was warm enough, however I haven't done any detail painting or construction. I do not know which option I will use in my decal sheet, the first or second shown in this image. Thoughts?

YHD32015-2-big.jpg

I bought all the paints to make the exterior colour but I have since forgotten the ratios! I know Wayne will help me remember. :lol:

Well, this may solve the dilemma!
From "Picture of the day" thread!

Local Aborigines and an Australian serviceman pose on a shot down zero recovered on Melville Island following the 19 Feb 42 raid on Darwin. The pilot, Hajime Toyoshima, was the first enemy POW captured on Australian soil in WWII.

Attachments

• toyoshimazero.jpg
    toyoshimazero.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 205
Good on ya Cory!

Saburo Sakai was a veteran pilot and ace of the tainan Kokutai also having served in China.

Hajime Toyoshima as Bill says was the first POW, he was also one of the instigators of the mass breakout of prisoners at the POW camp at Cowra in NSW.

Tamiya colour mixes Cory? :D

Good on ya Cory!

Saburo Sakai was a veteran pilot and ace of the tainan Kokutai also having served in China.

Hajime Toyoshima as Bill says was the first POW, he was also one of the instigators of the mass breakout of prisoners at the POW camp at Cowra in NSW.

I can't take credit for the photo or the text. It's from the "Picture of the day" thread in our forum, it's copied and pasted!

Good on ya Cory!

I think I'll be doing Toyoshima's plane. I've definitely heard of Sakai and his exploits, but I imagine he's fairly "overdone" so to speak, and rightly so.

You're correct about the Tamiya mixes! Obviously no rush, since it's -24 C here...

Cory, nice choice, looking forward to how this turns out.

ive heard getting that white finish is a bit tricky. no quite white as i recall.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back