1/32 Hasegawa Bf109F-4 Trop

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woody

Master Sergeant
Jan 17, 2011
IL.
This will be the next build i havent decided on the paint scheme yet, i have the Master Details resin cockpit iam not 100% sure if i will use.

SANY3839.jpg

SANY4008.jpg

Okay iam thinking this paint scheme and still looking for info.

800px-Bf109F-4_Gelbe14_Ma_JG27_kl96.jpg

I have found several pics of aircraft like positioning of flaps, dirtiness.One question was there a drop tank i havent seen a picture with one on it.

Me neither - yet (short look only) but I've come across others of JG 27 in Africa with them. Mark Styling has also done 2 profiles with a drop tanks on Yellow 14.

No rest for the wicked, Eh Woody! I like the box illustration, with the combination of Sand and RLM 65, but i've no idea if that's accurate or not. Good luck with the build.

It is indeed accurate, except of course for the bogus black diamond on the rudder. The scheme on the box is an earlier rig flown by Marseille than the one shown in the profile.

Okay guys as i finnish sorting things out and what i will attempt to do on it as for scratch building, all plastic has been washed and drying.

No drop tank....the kit markings are accurate with one exception the Black bordered '14'... is the wrong height, it should be smaller.

If you really want to do your chosen subject accurately there is a decal sheet available, should you wish to path....

Check the image below of W.Nr.8673's '14'

Source: Internet/Ebay

Attachments

• Marseille Bf109F4 Yellow 14 100+ bb.jpg
    Marseille Bf109F4 Yellow 14 100+ bb.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 440
  • lfl32-009_1.jpg
    lfl32-009_1.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 422
Last edited:
No rest for the wicked, Eh Woody! I like the box illustration, with the combination of Sand and RLM 65, but i've no idea if that's accurate or not. Good luck with the build.

Not RLM 65 but RLM 78.
I've modelled this one myself and despite superficial appearances this is not a standard tropical scheme,probably due to a re-paint at some point between its initial delivery and its assignment to Marseille.
Here's a few things from my notes.

Oil cooler warning inscription painted over (Styling differs)

"Hier Aufbocken" below lower reinforcing strip at fuselage/empennage join hand lettered (not stencilled) over new coat of RLM 78.

"Reifendruck 4,5 atu" on rear of fuselage was masked during re-paint and had its original RLM 78 background.

No fuselage frame numbers (what a relief!)

Component data plate on port fin (between rear of swastika and rudder hinge) painted over.

No upper wing walkway lines.

Oxygen filler and electrical socket advisory markings painted over.

The fuselage area behind the "Kennziffer" 14 has been re-painted,presumably to cover an earlier number or maybe the "Stammkennzeichen" and contrasts slightly with the rest of the upper camouflage (not on my model it didn't,after a few gloss coats etc)

Whitewall (conducting) tail wheel tyre. Don't know about the mainwheel tyres,you're in "prove me wrong"territory.

Fuselage "Balkenkreuz" look a bit uneven or streaky,maybe brush painted?

As implied above the fuselage/empennage join external reinforcing strips were present.

No upper,curved,head armour

No armoured wind screen

Propeller (VDM 9-12010,narrow blades as you'd expect on an F-4) were well weathered. Paint scoured from the fronts of the blades (the surfaces facing the rear of the aircraft).

Good luck with the build. H-J Marseille was a remarkable man,undoubtedly one of the great fighter pilots of the era.

Cheers
Steve

Hey guys thanks for all the info it will be used.

Wayne Little i orderd Eaglecals EC#131.

stona thanks for taking the time to post that info.

Hi guys started on the landing gear i removed molded brake line added my own and on the leg fairing actuator rod.

SANY4206.jpg

Now a small question the flap location in this picture is what i should do with mine.
H-JMarseille-1.jpg

I wont be useing the resin cockpit it seems much different then pictures ive seen though it says can be used to back date to 109F-4.
SANY4214.jpg

10132_cockpit6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back