1/32 scale Paper XP-67 Moonbat

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Willja67

Recruit
Jun 9, 2009
Hey everyone I'm new to this forum and thought I would share my somewhat obscure genre of models.

If this post is in the wrong place feel free to move it but it looked like the best place to me.

I design models that are printed on flat sheets of paper then cut out formed and glued together. I have several models available for sale on line and my most recent release (a couple weeks ago) was the XP-67 Moonbat.

Paper models are generally designed with an internal framework that the skin is then glued to. One of the biggest perks of modeling in paper is the cost. Although some of the higher end kits are now becoming quite expensive there are many kits that are of good quality and considerably cheaper than plastic. Another perk that many modelers enjoy is the lack of toxic chemicals involved. When compared to plastic models building is the hard part but finishing is easy since the paint job is already in place.

XP-67 Moonbat kit:

There are 2 paint jobs available in this kit:

The first is of the prototype, the second is a fictional aircraft from a fictional squadron in the European theater.

The model is delivered via email and has to be printed on 8.5 x 11" sheets of paper. There are 5 pages of parts for the frame that must be laminated on posterbard and 16 pages of parts to be printed on 67-110lb card stock.

Although I did design the model I had someone else build it for me. Attached are some pics of the finished model as well as 1 that shows the framework that the skin is glued to.

If you have any questions about papermodeling that is a good place to start. Many friendly people who are very knowledgeable about the subject.

Attachments

• DSC07587.JPG
    DSC07587.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 345
  • DSC07593.JPG
    DSC07593.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 272
  • DSC07595.JPG
    DSC07595.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 244
  • DSC07207.JPG
    DSC07207.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:
The model is nice.I also make paper models and I would be very glad of seeing other your efforts. But as you have been warned in the Basic Section it's not good practice on this forum to advertise vendors of goods or try to trade.

Last edited:
Sorry about that (advertising vendors) I looked through the basic forum rules quickly and missed that.

This is actually a very simple model by some standards. If you are looking for really detailed there is a brand called Halinsky that offers a very high degree of detail. I have their P-47 kit which has the back of the instrument panel detailed!

You'll have to PM me they get upset about posting links to vendor websites around here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back