<-- **** DONE: 1:48 A-20G Havoc - Twin Engined Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

T Bolt

Colonel
Mar 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
User Name: T Bolt
Name: Glenn
Category: Advanced
Kit: AMT A-20G Havoc
Scale: 1/48th
Accessories: True Details wheel set and scratch built improvements on the nose

This build will be of "Little Joe", an A-20G from the 389th Squadron, 312th Bomb Group, 5th Air Force.

The display of this aircraft in the Air Force Museum is one of my favorites so I just have to use the kit decals that match it. I have several drawings of this particular aircraft and of course plenty photos of the Air Force Museum's aircraft. (not sure if it is the original markings for that particular aircraft) but I have yet to find any period photos of "Little Joe" so and pictures or info would be welcome.
c616a32aae128c8e6b781ff1c4dd757f.jpg
A-20_Havoc.jpg
P2166465.JPG
PA212195.JPG

Last edited:
I've attached a rare (but fuzzy) color photo of a Royal Navy Boston. It certainly would be an interesting one to model. The aircraft was based in the Shetland Islands during WWII. The only other naval usages of the Havoc /Boston was by the USN (as target tugs), NEIAF and the USSR.
RN Boston.jpg
aircraft was based in the Shetland Islands during WWII.

Here is what I have, pictures from the book Rampage of the Roaring 20's by Lawrence J Hickey and Michael II Claringbould. They are older pictures then the final scheme you have posted.

img040.jpg
img041.jpg
img042.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back