<-- **** DONE: 1:48 A-20G Havoc - Twin Engined Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Terry, I coated the paper with Future than lightly sanded it so I think it will be Ok, but I wish i would have thought of the decal paper, that would have been perfect

Took the day off as it's my birthday and have had a very enjoyable day so far spent mostly working on the A-20 and later a dinner of prime rib roast which my wife always makes me for my birthday. Here's a picture to make my fellow carnivores jealous.

IMG_1871.JPG

Progress pictures of the A-20 later tonight.

Thanks Guys. It was a realy nice birthday and the Prime rib was the best I can remember having!

Here's the progress yesterday split up over the next two posts:

Looking again at pictures of the A-20G I saw that it had two more vent scoops on the upper nose so I added them to match the lover ones.
PC222313.JPG

The kit rudder pedals were rather sad (red arrows in the first picture) so I made up some from plastic card stock. Only the bottom of the pedals will be seen under the control panel.
PC222314.JPG
PC222316.JPG
PC222317.JPG

I did some extra work on the Martin top turret which I hope will be seen once everything is closed up. I added seat cushions made up from bits of paper towel and white glue, and closed up the ammunition boxed which were molded with the front face open.
PC232318.JPG
PC232319.JPG
PC232320.JPG
PC232321.JPG

To be continued

Last edited:
Yesterday's work continued:

The finished cockpit (except for the seat) before installation in the fuselage.
PC232322.JPG
PC232323.JPG
PC232324.JPG
PC232326.JPG

A whole lot of lead in the nose.
PC232329.JPG

The tail components glued up.
PC232330.JPG

The fuselage ready to be glued up.
PC232328.JPG

The glued up Fuselage.
PC232331.JPG

That's it until text year .

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

Thanks guys

I glued on the nose cap and horizontal tail section and spent some time working on seams and panel lines. The one where the tail section met the upper fuselage was the hardest. A bad joint with awkward angles to file.

PC312332.JPG
PC312333.JPG

Nice work Glenn. I remember having to file and sand the tail on my Boston - a really awkward job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back