<-- **** DONE: 1:48 A-20G Havoc - Twin Engined Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Update on the last few days of work

I've been doing a lot of assembling, filing and sanding.

Glued on the vertical fin and rudder. Again a lot of work the get it smoothed out at the forward end of the joint.
P1092347.JPG

Figured out a way to install some of the gear mechanism before the nacells wile still leaving off the actual gear leg until later in the construction. The fit of the nacell was pretty good except...........

P1092350.JPG

This seam on top. It really wasn't too bad of a seam, it was just very difficult to file down with the oil cooler intake in the way.
P1092351.JPG

Also did detail work on the seat adding Eduard seat-belts and gluing it in the cockpit.
P1082335.JPG
P1082344.JPG

At Terry's suggestion I drilled out the holes on the underside of the canopy door and painted and weathered it (still needs touch-up along the edges).
P1082337.JPG
P1092352.JPG

The canopy and turret glass after a dip in Future. The Turret glass will be installed just like this with out painting framework because the Martin turret did not have any framework. The Plexiglas segments that made it up were formed with 90 degree flanges which were bolted together. The unpainted lines formed in the clear kit plastic look pretty much like the real thing.

P1082339.JPG
P1082338.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Good progress Glenn! Awfully small cockpit for such a large aircraft!

Model coming along great Glenn, Not to throw your thread off Glenn but just found out this is suppose to take place again this year. I am hoping on going to it and since you said you lived a couple hours way in last years thread I thought you might be interested as they look to do it again. Looks like they are trying for 14 TBM's this year.

http://www.tbmavenger.com/

Last edited:
Masked the windows and put the wings on. The fit of the cockpit hatch to the fuselage is not great but this is only on there temporally for painting as I will be displaying the hatch in the open position. A little bit of clean up on the wing joints and It will be ready for paint.

P1202358.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back