1/48 A pair (Tauro Smer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ohm-men

Senior Airman
Jan 11, 2014
Antwerp
Some Pics of the Macchi's I build some time ago.
Both are older models,surpassed by the newer Hasegawa and Special Hobby offerings.
I build them nevertheless...

First up is a Macchi Mc 205 as flown by the Luftwaffe in Italy. Markings came from a AMD sheet.
It's build pretty much straight from the box, apart from the 12,7 wing cannon barrels I took from a Hasegawa Mc 205. The old Tauro kit isn't the easiest to build. It suffers from "trench line" engraved pannel lines and the fit is not the best. But is a very complete model, with an engine etc...Released long, long before any other company did such a thing.
But if you are patient and have enough reference material at youy disposel, a rather great looking model can be made of it.
I've seen these kits for as less as € 5,- on vendor tables at model shows.

DSCF3017.JPG

DSCF3018.JPG

DSCF3019.JPG

DSCF3020.JPG

DSCF3021.JPG

Next up is a very old kit. The Smer Mc 200. In fact it's a reboxed "Artiplast" kit from the 60's. It's very crude model wich is in fact 1/50th scale. I did a lot of work on this one. I used the magnificent "Aero Detail" book on the Macchi Mc 200/202/205.
And visited the musueam close to Rome (Italy) where these are displayed.
I lengthened the port wing (as per real arcraft) and did a lot of scratching and rescribing. I used various materials for the scratched details, from small candle cups to cookie pacaging. I build the serie 7 aircraft (as that is what I think the mark in the box is) to an earlier serie II aircraft by making a new canopy for it. I scratched some flaps for it as well.
I ended up using little parts of the original kit. Most small parts were unusable (or just plain plastic blobs)
The camo was a lot of fun, the so called "fried eggs" on "spinnach". I used Aero Master and Humbrol colours and used the exellent Sky Decal sheet for the Macchi Mc 200 (which has no less then + 20 markings for various Mc 200's on it)

DSCF3022.JPG

DSCF3023.JPG

DSCF3024.JPG

DSCF3025.JPG

DSCF3026.JPG

DSCF3027.JPG

DSCF3028.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back