1:48 Aluminum Overcast (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Trebor

Master Sergeant
Feb 15, 2008
KCLS
hey guys, seeing that B-17 fly over my house yesterday got me wanting to do one, now. lol I've been wanting to do the Revell 1:48 B-17G for a while, now. and I want to do it in the narkings of Aluminum Overcast, but I can't find any decals for it. can anyone help me out? thanks :)

btw Matt, Aluminum Overcast is at Boeing Field right now I'm not plannin on going right now, tho lol too far for me :p

I don't believe there are any available. the subject came up recently on another forum and nobody was aware of any. There are plenty of good photos out there. Ever tried making your own?

Decals for preserved aircraft are as rare as rocking horse poo ! There have been the odd ones,in kits, but these are normally preserved in an original WW2 scheme, such as the Spit MkV from Arfix, in Polish squadron markings, as the current BBMF aircraft.
Hawkeye's suggestion is the one - make your own custom decals, and hand-paint the rest.

ah, I suppose I could do that. i could pick up the Testors custom decal program and possibly get some help on it

Any clear and/or white decal paper suitable for your printer will do, and the artwork can be done on a drawing programme. Probably less cost than buying a 'package', most of which isn't needed. If neccessary, you could even hand-draw, or trace from a photo, then reduce to size.

maybe, but I've never done that before, so i may have to get someone else to do it for me then send me the file so I can print it out

Lucky s*d, mind you I did see a Stearman over Alrewas last Saturday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back