>> 1/48 Avro Anson MkI - Prototype / Weird Aircraft / Trainers

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks very much Terry. No big hurry as I need to crack on with my Arado and look at the Nanton specimen in detail before I do much on this one. Your contributions will be appreciated though.

Glad you got your computer sorted.

So am I !!
And no problem re the pics. I think I have a magazine 'profile' feature too, from the 1980's, from a series later developed into the 'Warpaint' books. I'll see if it's worth scanning and, if so, I'll include that too - if i can get to it, in the pile behind the pile, behind the filing cabinet and other junk !

Thanks Geo. 9982 shown below is actually one of the schemes included with the kit and I may go that route.

Avro-Anson-MkI-RCAF-32-SFTS-R9725-Moose-Jaw-Canada-by-Model-Airplane-Int-065-2010-12-Page-16.jpg

Ooooo! I definitely like that one! Please please please please pick that one! I will buy the yellow paint for you!

Can you spray it on for me too? :lol:

Actually, the profile I posted in the introduction is quite colourful too with similar yellow patches over grey/green camo, something I'd have to check into. I know that there was an RCAF direction to update home based fighter aircraft camouflage from the brown/green temperate land scheme to the then more current day fighter scheme but am not sure that this covered other types.

Last edited:
I like that scheme too, and it would allow the interior to be seen. The original subject would be a good one though, and different to most Anson models.

Forgot to add -- good video on the recovery. I wonder if that other crew member is related to my family ?
Apparently had some relatives in the RAF, trained in Canada, and also have a 'Canadian branch' of the family, although don't know much about them.

Terry, if you can include me in that Anson picture email. I have one in the stash I hope to get to one of these years so will file them for future reference.

Will do Glenn. Just had a look at them, and they're mainly of the undercarriage and wheel bays, with a few other details, of a late version (T19 ?), although basically the same as the Mk1, plus a few of Duxford's Mk1.
I'll sort them and send them today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back