1/48 Boeing P-26 – From WW1 to WW2 GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
User Name: Lucky13
Name: Jan
Category: Intermediate
Entry: Boeing P-26, 94th PS, 1st PG, Selfridge Field Michigan 1936
Kit: 1/48 Hobby Craft/Academy
Accessories : Starfighter Decals

Not starting as of yet, need to buy the kit, the decals and I'm still fiddling with the F4U-4

But this is what I'm looking to do anyway...

sdc13254.jpg

sdc13256.jpg

SFD48004.jpg

SFD48004_1.jpg

SFD48004_2.jpg

SFD48004_3.jpg

1021576-bigthumbnail.jpg

3_28.jpg

Btw, are the two HC kits, the one and the same with just defferent decals?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait to see progress on this one and how it unfolds :D
I had so many opportunitys to buy this kit and aftermarket sets for em, and I turned them all down, I'm curious as to how they'll turn out :)

I believe both Hobbycraft kits as well as the Academy kit are all the same Jan. I built built the second Hobbycraft kit 14 years ago and remember the fuselage parts being slightly warped but nothing that couldn't be dealt with. It could have just been the kit I had.

Built a couple of these in the dark distant past,....
Neat little planes, I don't remember many, if any, difficulties.

I just bought a balsa/tissue model of the "Peashooter". It's a Comet Model Airplane Co. product, and they went out of business in 1987. Should prove interesting.

Going to watch this with interest.

Charles

My LHS has a couple of these kits Jan down in the resale area i will double check.

I have this same unit i plan to do one of these days but instead of the US of america with the colors of the spanish republic

I have one of these in my stash, albeit, a balsa/tissue model of about 16 inch wingspan. Going to keep and eye on this...

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back