1/48 Cheetah E (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Fearsome-13

Airman
Aug 4, 2014
Greetings chaps,

Although this is a WW2 site, I have seen a few modern builds being posted. If it is out of place, I will surely remove the thread.

Yet another SAAF bird from me.... (what can I say... I grew up in the SAAF)....

This is the Italeri Mirage 3 E kit, entirely rescribed, converted to the Cheetah E standard, using the Scaleworx resin conversion set. This was my first attempt at a decent resin conversion set, using a Kfir cockpit (close enough eh). New resin items on the kit include the following:

Canards, nose, tail pipe, dogtooth lead edge inserts, wheels, IFR probe, and various lumps and bumps.

I finished the aircraft using some Scaleworx 'Lo-Viz' Mirage F1CZ paints that were produced from paint chips from an F1CZ. Aircraft was finished (as always), with Tam clear cotes, and weathered with pastels.

IMG_3913_zpsfcc1680b.jpg

IMG_3914_zpsc72ea833.jpg

IMG_3915_zps9631e715.jpg

IMG_3917_zps6e706622.jpg

IMG_3918_zpsc7b5eb57.jpg

IMG_3919_zpsd5f1a09c.jpg

IMG_3925_zps40cb7ba7.jpg

IMG_3926_zps99747b53.jpg

A quick line up with 2 other SAAF deltas I've build... a Mirage 3 R2Z (converted using the Scaleworx set, and painted using the Scaleworx 'Old School' Mirage paint set), and a Mirage 3 EZ.. straight out the box. All kits are Italeri, and have been rescribed.

IMG_3929_zpscb6a4c2e.jpg

I Like Jets and these are very nice. SA has always punched above her weight when it comes to the aviation industry and what she has done with some of the Mirages has been spectacular and you have captured them very nicely. Two thumbs up.

Cheers,

Jeff

I liked the camouflage :)... I have kept a few modern jets to assemble.
At some point I hope to also share

Mostly I am a lover of WWII aircraft, and practically I'm starting !!

Saludos amigo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back